How do you get rid of subtitles off of your music video

Grey Mountain
Org Profile

How do you get rid of subtitles off of your music video

Post by Grey Mountain » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:55 pm

hello :P
my name is grey mountain and i would like to ask the question how do you get rid of subtitles off of your music video :?: :?: I'm new at making amvs and i don't know what to do! :cry: please help me! :oops:

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:01 pm

Well you simply don't use footage that has subtitles.

In the old days you would purchase either RAW tapes or English dubs. Now adays, DVDs support mutliple audio tracks and softSubs(they're not "burnt" into the video).

Read the guides it will tell you all about video and how to get footage off a DVD.

~klinky

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:23 pm

accept of the Macross Plus movie, it had burnt subs on the dvd, pretty much because it taken from their master vhs or something close to it, damn Manga, cheap basterds.
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:17 pm

:P there's a subtittle removal guide, basically what ya have ta do is open the clip in Virtual Dub or something and extract each frame as a picture (.bmp) and manually remove the subs... tedious and MUCH to complicated for me (AFAIK but I haven't tried yet...) so I normally get the a) raw off Kazaa etc. b) if I'm lucky record the dub c)dvd (PREFERABLY)... and don't forget the CD for better audio.

But Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a> (acronym I'm not calling you a fag...) for more info, alot of ppl choose the tedious route so it's probly I'm just too simple minded....

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:36 pm

You can also crop the footage if there's no action behind the sub in that particular scene.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Return to “Video & Audio Help”