Sources of footage other than DVD's

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Sources of footage other than DVD's

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:01 am

Are there any places to get source footage better than DVD's? or is DVD right now the BEST that there is?
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:31 am

It is.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:40 am

well what is their source footage when they are putting the movie onto a DVD?
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:41 am

FILM :O

FILM transfer...

The tape goes into a machine and the machine spits out DVD stuff :p

That's the layman's terminology.

So unless you want to steal a reel from a studio, you're out of luck.

~klinky

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:42 am

well how does one come by these reels LEGALY?

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:45 am

Well I guess you could license them from the studio more millions of dollars.

A baseball bat against a couple executives heads has also done the trick before.

The simple question is " YOU CAN'T".

~klinky

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:46 am

BAH :O

I am need to goto bed :|

Question = Answer

more = for

>_<

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:50 am

Well, they probably don't process directly from the film->MPEG-2 for the DVD. There's probably a higher-quality transfer from before the transferred film was compressed to DVD MPEG2.

However, this would only exist at either the company putting out the DVD and/or the authoring house, and not available for public use. Not to mention it would likely be on something like DigiBeta, and you -don't- want to be spending the money to get the hardware to do a full quality interface with a DigiBeta. Not to mention just renting the damn things (just the DigiBeta deck) is upwards of $500/day, and to buy one would cost more than most cars.

So- yes, DVD is the best you can do without serious professional hardware and actually working for the company doing the transfer.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:23 am

WTH dude, DVD's aren't a high enough quality for you? You must have some nasty looking bootlegs or something.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:49 pm

I have no bootlegs

Return to “Video & Audio Help”