video clean up

Quu
Org Profile

video clean up

Post by Quu » Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:39 pm

gah... I must be a sucker for punishment...

a freind of mine uploaded to me a camcorder and theater version of Neko no Ongaeshi...
He wants to show it to his "crush". A mutual Japanese freind of ours. She is a massive Miyazaki fan... but has not been back to Japan for years...

the problem is many fold. It had a bad hotspot, it not perfectly centered, and has a very anoying flicker...

I was able to get rid of the hotspot easily enuf, and was able to correct and trim the image to get rid of most of the non movie bits...

the flicker is being annoying to get rid of...

I have tried the built in flicker removal, and the dual deflicker filter from Ale Malanca. I have also tried the Temoral cleaner by Jim Casaburi... and the conditional filter by Dmitri.

The deflicker by its self is not working... and when i use the conditional (when brightness < 120 apply brightness filter) it looked wierd...

the only time i could get rid of the flicker... was when i used a deflicker... 5 temoral cleaners then another de flicker... and the flicker was gone and the colours were perfect... but EVERYTHING was moving in a ghist rail type way...

any ideas?
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:33 am

Show me pics Quu.... show me what you mean, and it will be answered by the masses.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:36 am

Oh, and i figured out how much it will be for your suitcase B-ko, if you hit up everyone at a con, it will be 2 cons, and I'll even Design and put it together for you for free. If you want me to tell you the specs/design, contact me over AIM.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Return to “Video & Audio Help”