AMVapp Features

ultimateX021
Org Profile

AMVapp Features

Post by ultimateX021 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:56 pm

I'm thinking about using the AMVapp feature real soon, but before I do, I would like to know:

How much space it usually takes up?
How updated its applications are?
what it can do?
what applications it has?
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:34 am

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... mvapp.html

that'l answer part of most of your questions

I don't have a definite answer on the install size, but rest assured that it is small (less than a typical amv)

Though it is fairly up to date, new versions of software come out all the time. This shouldn't be a problem (perhaps with the exception of some of the codecs, like xvid)

The amv app consists of 3 main types of stuff:
codecs
encoding programs
avisynth (and related plugins)

with that you can play back most of the file extensions that amvs come in, encode your amv with the popular/common codecs, transcode/encode audio, get footage from dvds and turn it into something useful, clean up your source video to make it look all nice and shiny and a few other things

ultimateX021
Org Profile

Post by ultimateX021 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:48 am

Kariudo wrote:http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... mvapp.html

that'l answer part of most of your questions

I don't have a definite answer on the install size, but rest assured that it is small (less than a typical amv)

Though it is fairly up to date, new versions of software come out all the time. This shouldn't be a problem (perhaps with the exception of some of the codecs, like xvid)

The amv app consists of 3 main types of stuff:
codecs
encoding programs
avisynth (and related plugins)

with that you can play back most of the file extensions that amvs come in, encode your amv with the popular/common codecs, transcode/encode audio, get footage from dvds and turn it into something useful, clean up your source video to make it look all nice and shiny and a few other things
Awesome. I'll check out that link you sent me and take a look at some of those applications. It's good to hear that Avisynth is a part of AMVapp because I've read, listened, and found reliable sources indicating it's a good scripting program. Sounds like the size isn't too big (Hopefully!), so my computer at about 90 or 100 GB of free space should do the trick. Thanks alot. :D
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~

ultimateX021
Org Profile

Post by ultimateX021 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:53 am

Whoops! I forgot to ask whether or not you can choose which applications to have in the AMVapp 3.0 Beta system before downloading. Out of all those things, which ones are highly recommended? (Besides Avisynth which I already mentioned as a good scripting program) :lol:

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:18 am

I'd actually recommend nearly all of the stuff listed.

The premiere avs plugin won't do much good if you don't use premiere
I haven't used avifrate at all, but it could come in handy
Graphedit and VFAPI I haven't used either...so I can't really comment on those

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:59 am

If you end up not using something from the app, you *should* be able to uninstall that part cleanly.

Also it's marked beta for a reason, and there have been some minor problems with it. For the most part though, I would recommend it over the real old one. Also there will hopefully be a new version coming out in the next month or two... hopefully.

ultimateX021
Org Profile

Post by ultimateX021 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:23 pm

Zarxrax wrote:If you end up not using something from the app, you *should* be able to uninstall that part cleanly.

Also it's marked beta for a reason, and there have been some minor problems with it. For the most part though, I would recommend it over the real old one. Also there will hopefully be a new version coming out in the next month or two... hopefully.
Minor problems huh. Well, if some apps bother me I'll just uninstall it like what you said. That's a good thing because I plan not to keep all the apps just the ones that work the best and are more helpful than others.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”