avi or mpeg and why

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:08 am

the Black Monarch wrote:I use AVI for the pure and simple reason that Premiere doesn't export as MPEGs :)
Haven't you learned by now that you're not supposed to export your finished video from Premiere? :roll:
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:47 pm

jbone wrote:
the Black Monarch wrote:I use AVI for the pure and simple reason that Premiere doesn't export as MPEGs :)
Haven't you learned by now that you're not supposed to export your finished video from Premiere? :roll:
Yeah, BM. Don't export your video! :lol:

Actually, do, but the preferred method is to export in the highest quality format you have space for, like uncompressed, or HuffYUV, or what have you, and then do your final encoding with a more specialized program like Vdub (.avi formats) or Tsunami mpeg encoder (mpeg formats). That gives you more control over any filtering, sizes, formats, blah blah.
My Eyes Are The Victim's Eyes.
My Hands Are The Assailant's Hands.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”