Video Playing Question

This forum is for video and audio help and discussion.
User avatar
Spiked Waters
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:52 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Video Playing Question

Postby Spiked Waters » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:11 pm

I do not know if this is the right place to ask this question, but every time I download a AMV and play it, it plays upside down. What is the problem? Did I do something wrong?

User avatar
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:25 am
Status: I has a TRU Arceus
Location: somewhere i think O.o
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby JaddziaDax » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:35 pm

do you have the right codecs installed?

User avatar
Rapture**
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:19 pm
Location: Vilnius , Lithuania
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Video Playing Question

Postby Rapture** » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:17 am

Spiked Waters wrote:I do not know if this is the right place to ask this question, but every time I download a AMV and play it, it plays upside down. What is the problem? Did I do something wrong?


I think you should just play them trough VLC - it has it's own codecs,so it'll play just fine.
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

User avatar
Spiked Waters
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:52 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Spiked Waters » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:33 am

JaddziaDax wrote:do you have the right codecs installed?

Could you explain what the right codecs are or tell where I could find the answer (like if they're certain ones to each video)?

Rapture** wrote:I think you should just play them trough VLC - it has it's own codecs, so it'll play just fine.

There are about three different downloads on that site, which one would be the best?

User avatar
Rapture**
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:19 pm
Location: Vilnius , Lithuania
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Rapture** » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:24 am

Spiked Waters wrote:
JaddziaDax wrote:do you have the right codecs installed?

Could you explain what the right codecs are or tell where I could find the answer (like if they're certain ones to each video)?

Rapture** wrote:I think you should just play them trough VLC - it has it's own codecs, so it'll play just fine.

There are about three different downloads on that site, which one would be the best?



This one is install,so I guess this one will do the trick.

And about right codecs? I think K-Lite codec pack would be just right,since I use the newest versions,and it contains newest Media Player Classic , so I guess you should try it out.
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

post-it
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2002 5:21 am
Status: Hunting Tanks
Location: Chilliwack - Fishing
Org Profile

Postby post-it » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:05 am

Spiked Waters wrote:
JaddziaDax wrote:do you have the right codecs installed?

Could you explain what the right codecs are or tell where I could find the answer
(like if they're certain ones to each video)?
CCCP or K-lite Codec Packs
[ places to stay away from would be like Divx.comp ]
Spiked Waters wrote:
Rapture** wrote:I think you should just play them trough VLC - it has it's own codecs, so it'll play just fine.

There are about three different downloads on that site, which one would be the best?
VLC 0.8.6c

User avatar
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:25 am
Status: I has a TRU Arceus
Location: somewhere i think O.o
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby JaddziaDax » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:21 am

to get codec information on a file right-click on the video file, and choose "properties" and click the tab that says "summery" it should be listed next to compression and if that doesn't work, get a program called GSpot and drop the file in it... and it should be able to tell you what codec you need...

CCCP and K-Lite will often have the codecs you need

User avatar
Minion
Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 10:16 pm
Location: orlando
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Minion » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:00 am

don't use k-lite :amv:
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

User avatar
Spiked Waters
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:52 am
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Spiked Waters » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:04 am

Thank you, all of you.

Sorry for the late reply. ^.^''


Return to “Video & Audio Help”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests