text before an amv.....

Cagbagger
Org Profile

text before an amv.....

Post by Cagbagger » Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:47 pm

how do you create text that fades in at the beginning of an amv for credits? Like for example...it's a black screen then text fades in saying like the title, then maybe the song, and the anime, or something like that? i can't seem to find out how, thanks..
me love anime.......yes.......

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:53 pm

I prefer using MTV-style credits that dissolve on while the video begins playing, so that the two elements become a whole.

I've only used a title card once, but may use it once more in a spiteful way with a future project.

tamashii
Org Profile

Re: text before an amv.....

Post by tamashii » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:08 pm

Cagbagger wrote:how do you create text that fades in at the beginning of an amv for credits? Like for example...it's a black screen then text fades in saying like the title, then maybe the song, and the anime, or something like that? i can't seem to find out how, thanks..
Simply take the black screen clip and put some text on it then cross dissolve the 2 together ( black screen&black screen with text )
"Kitty Poo"
"Make me king!"

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:12 pm

Some programs will let you ad scrolling text to overlay over an image (I used to use a black one till I made my random intro of death) otherwise you ahve to create it all as an image file and tella the image to scroll.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

y2kwizard
Org Profile

Post by y2kwizard » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:14 pm

tamashii wrote:Simply take the black screen clip and put some text on it then cross dissolve the 2 together ( black screen&black screen with text )
If you have premiere, you can get black video by going to File>New>Black Video. then it'll show up in the sources folder.
"When I got fat, I decided to grow a beard" -- The Great Andy
"Is it a DARTH visor?" and "It's funny cuz it's pants" -- The Master of on-the-spot Funniness
"You're too young for your age" and "I'm sorry for apologizing so much" -- The Master of on-the-spot Randomness

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:45 pm

The goood old Premiere title maker...

^_^

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:47 pm

i just make bmps in paint :shock:
Hi.

Cagbagger
Org Profile

Post by Cagbagger » Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:22 pm

thank you for all your help, now how do i put text on the black clip? i've got adobe premier 6.0, but i'm not sure what to do with the black clip as far as putting text on it.
me love anime.......yes.......

Satori
Org Profile

Post by Satori » Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:38 pm

Make a new title in Premiere, then add it to your timeline. I usually just make a bmp in psp and add it to the timeline. To fade in or out just use the rubberbands

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:40 pm

Cagbagger wrote:thank you for all your help, now how do i put text on the black clip? i've got adobe premier 6.0, but i'm not sure what to do with the black clip as far as putting text on it.
Anything that will let you (1) output graphical text and (2) let you save those images will work. Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, GIMP, CorelDRAW!, PHOTO-PAINT, Visio, Powerpoint, Paint, the Windows GDI, FreeType, whatever.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”