NEW Guides and AmvApp BETA

Zarxrax
Org Profile

NEW Guides and AmvApp BETA

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:12 am

After a long wait, a BETA version of the new Guides and AmvApp are finally available!
It is a beta because a LOT of stuff has been changed, and I need to get some feedback from users to make sure everything works exactly as expected.

The new version of EADFAG and AmvApp can be found here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtechbeta/

Also, I have created a new guide called ZARXFAG which you can find here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/zarxfag/
ZARXFAG is a short series of video tutorials designed to get new editors up and running very quickly. It is definately not a replacement for the EADFAG, and is intended solely as an introduction.

You should NOT install the new AmvApp if you are in the middle of any video projects. Your d2v files will definately break, and some AviSynth functions may break. Also make sure to uninstall any previous version of AmvApp before installing this new one.

Since this is a beta release, I am relying on everyone to share any problems that they have with me. Programs not working properly, incorrect information in the guides, broken links or typos--anything at all that you think needs to be fixed or improved upon, please let me know!

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:13 am

Before anyone mentions them, here is a list of typos that dokidoki has already brought to my attention:

gettingstarted.html: Capitalise Windows XP, Windows 2000
gettingstarted.html: dependant -> dependent
amvappavisynth.html: verison -> version
progressive.html: explaination -> explanation
progressive.html: "Magix also may not properly support 29.976 fps" ->23.976?
avspostintro.html: definately -> definitely
avspostqual.html: aboe -> above
avspostqual.html: compressability -> compressibility
avspostqual.html: compressable -> compressible
avspostqual.html: excellant -> excellent

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:25 am

Looks good so far. I really appreciate the overhaul the post-processing sections have received, especially with regards to the increased number of cautions, warnings, and demonstrations of Filtering Gone Wrong.

Would it be beneficial to provide links to guides on related subjects? For example:

- http://aflux.deltaanime.net/Zero1/MP4/x264.html (you probably know what this is)
- http://www.ishtori.net/ (Mac-oriented guides covering a lot of the same ground)

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:37 am

i like this, it looks alot more organized... and less @_@ (the face i first made when i saw this guide)

Streicher
Org Profile

Post by Streicher » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:03 pm

Typo: aspectratios2.html Entirely 16:9 Anamorphic Sources 1) Keep DVD Resolution and PAR - PAL Graphics: Make images at 1024x576 and resize to 720x567 to have DVD PAR.

Video Tutorials are very nice. Almost like a panel or workshop.

Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:52 pm

Hum... I was under the impression that Premiere Pro 2.0 was now able to edit directly in YV12?

I need to find again where I read that.

Also, why do you only mention exporting from Premiere Pro using Huffy and Uncompressed, and not Lagarith? What's the difference, between it being a tad slower (though smaller) than Huffy?

All in all, this is a great revamping of the Guide! Thank you!

S.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:07 pm

Sereenie wrote:Hum... I was under the impression that Premiere Pro 2.0 was now able to edit directly in YV12?

I need to find again where I read that.

Also, why do you only mention exporting from Premiere Pro using Huffy and Uncompressed, and not Lagarith? What's the difference, between it being a tad slower (though smaller) than Huffy?

All in all, this is a great revamping of the Guide! Thank you!

S.
I'm pretty sure premiere pro wont edit yv12 without any conversions, despite what claims they might make. Regarding the rest, I recommend you don't even use huffyuv to export from premiere pro, but only uncompressed. Premiere Pro has is very buggy when it comes to exporting with most codecs.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:10 pm

Here's another typo found here:
4) Do not change your script. The makeAVIS program creates an avi header based on the script info at the time, it cannot change this if you change your script and so it could cause crashes or bad footage.
It must be referring to VFAPI instead.
ImageImage

Sereenie
Org Profile

Post by Sereenie » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:17 pm

Zarxrax wrote:Regarding the rest, I recommend you don't even use huffyuv to export from premiere pro, but only uncompressed. Premiere Pro has is very buggy when it comes to exporting with most codecs.
That's what I have always understood. But since PPro's export section of the Guide didn't mention anything about it, I thought that you'd figured out a workaround.

Maybe you should drop out any mention of Huffy altogether in it, then?

S.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:37 pm

for the avisynth page under using footage as a source. A lot of people got confused when they read, "DirectShowSource("D:\believe.mpg")"
and think that they can just copy/paste this. you may want to include a caution saying something like, "be sure to check the location of the video file you want to open, chances are that it is not in D:\ on your computer"

maybe link to a small page (or have a small section) about finding the path of a file using winxp, this also seems to trip up a lot of new people. I don't feel that what Corran said is enough

bottom of this page the link to the next page appears twice

Return to “Video & Audio Help”