NEW Guides and AmvApp BETA

Radman
Org Profile

Post by Radman » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:14 pm

First and foremost, thank you so much for your work on this. Its people like you that keep me coming back to amving.

In the part of the guide concerned with deinterlacing footage before editing (progressive.htm) the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th paragraphs are very helpful. However, it doesn't specify if you need to decimate using TDeint (or other deinterlacers for that matter). After reading the entire guide, I found myself somewhat confused as to what is what concerning IVTC or deinterlacing one's source footage. Granted, I haven't tried really hard to understand the theory guides (though I have read them), so that might be the problem. Does one decimate only if they're IVTC'ing, or do you decimate when deinterlacing as well?

Thanks ahead of time.
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:09 pm

You decimate only when IVTC'ing.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:46 pm

Zarxrax,

I know your primary focus with Zarx264gui is high quality encodes for web distribution, but do you think you could add an option to encode for mobile devices using reduced resolutions and baseline profiles?

With devices like the iPhone, PSP, and T-mobile G1 on the market I think there might be growing interest in adding such a feature, whether it be as an additional distribution option or to convert an existing collection.

Tiiscool
Org Profile

AMVapp ResizeCalculator.jar Error ?

Post by Tiiscool » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:27 am

Hi,

does the ResizeCalculator change something in a file called:
".java.policy" ?

I make some applets and get always an errormessage:

java.security.policy: Fehler bei Analyse file:/C:/Dokumente%20und%20Einstellungen/Admin/.java.policy:
Zeile 4: erwartet [;], gefunden [}]

Translation
java.security.policy: Error with analysis file:/C:/Dokumente%20und%20Einstellungen/Admin/.java.policy:
Line 4: expected[;], found [}]

Regards,
Ti

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:04 am

Corran wrote:Zarxrax,

I know your primary focus with Zarx264gui is high quality encodes for web distribution, but do you think you could add an option to encode for mobile devices using reduced resolutions and baseline profiles?

With devices like the iPhone, PSP, and T-mobile G1 on the market I think there might be growing interest in adding such a feature, whether it be as an additional distribution option or to convert an existing collection.
Corran: at a time I had considered this, but my conclusion came to be a solid no. There are simply TOO MANY different devices out there for me to try and figure out what settings can support all of them. Zarx264gui is primarily for AMV creators to encode their own amv for distribution, and so far, I havn't seen anyone distributing their amvs in formats designed specifically for mobile phones or other devices.

For someone who wants to watch amvs on a certain device, they would probably want batch encoding too, which I don't plan on adding either. So as it stands, if someone wants to encode for a particular device, they are better off getting something like megui/ripbot/staxrip which includes 50 bajillion different profiles for them to choose from.

Tisscool: yes, it does. I don't know what would cause that error or how to fix it. I would ideally prefer the next amvapp to have a different calculator, because I dislike java.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Re: NEW Guides and AmvApp BETA

Post by Shui » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:05 am

:up: :up:

Zarx 4 most Helpfull :wink:
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:34 pm

Ok, im working on the guide again and will hopefully actually finish it this time :sweat:

I have a live beta version posted up at http://zarxrax.kicks-ass.net/avtechbeta/index.html
Right now, I am currently looking for feedback on the THEORY GUIDES section. I have made some massive changes there, removing lots of useless info, adding some new pages, and moving pages from other sections of the guide, all in an attempt to make it more user-friendly and useful.
Let me know of any problems you see, such as typos or broken links, any blatantly incorrect information, or just let me know if I have left out something important.

Once again, for right now I am only looking for feedback on the THEORY GUIDES section.

kmv
Org Profile

Post by kmv » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:14 pm

Zarxrax wrote:I am only looking for feedback on the THEORY GUIDES section.
Thoughts after reading the first few sections...

I think this may have been mentioned before, but in the "Video Basics" section there is a (brief) descussion on PAL as well as NTSC (which is good), but in the section "The Big Picture" which talks about interlacing, NTSC is the only thing discussed. I realise that deinterlacing PAL is a much easier thing than NTSC but as things stand a noob with an R2 disk is going to be confused.

In the Colorspace section DV is referenced (which is good), but given that HDV has been around for a while now I think it is worth a mention too. BTW: HDV is 4:2:0, but that is at HD resolutions, good codecs working with HDV at SD resolutions can actually get 4:2:2.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:38 am

kmv wrote:
Zarxrax wrote:I am only looking for feedback on the THEORY GUIDES section.
Thoughts after reading the first few sections...

I think this may have been mentioned before, but in the "Video Basics" section there is a (brief) descussion on PAL as well as NTSC (which is good), but in the section "The Big Picture" which talks about interlacing, NTSC is the only thing discussed. I realise that deinterlacing PAL is a much easier thing than NTSC but as things stand a noob with an R2 disk is going to be confused.

In the Colorspace section DV is referenced (which is good), but given that HDV has been around for a while now I think it is worth a mention too. BTW: HDV is 4:2:0, but that is at HD resolutions, good codecs working with HDV at SD resolutions can actually get 4:2:2.
I don't know a lot about either PAL or HDV, so if you want to try writing something for it, it might be better than what I could cobble together.

ultimateX021
Org Profile

Post by ultimateX021 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:18 pm

I just downloaded the new AMVapp 3.0 Beta, but as soon as I hit run, this message pops up:

".NET runtime library v2.0 or newer is required for some components of the AMVApp. Your have 1.1.4322."

It's something I can install by pushing okay or clicking cancel to continue running the program. I would like to know:

What is ".NET runtime library v2.0" and how important is it for running certain applications in AMVApp?
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~

Return to “Video & Audio Help”