a new editor

LOBO_89X
Org Profile

a new editor

Post by LOBO_89X » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:49 pm

ne one kno of an editor that is close to WMM in usage style?
we ride together, we die together-
law of the triangle
hey check out my pride and joy
Konoha Silence

canikizu
Org Profile

Post by canikizu » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:10 am

WMM 2 ???

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:12 am

Depends on what features you like about WMM and want in other editing programs. For example, very few programs besides WMM will automatically split clips for you...I know there's at least one, but I can't think of it right now.

Magix Movie Edit Pro is probably a good choice...it's cheap (~$50) and relatively powerful. I don't know how easy or difficult it is to pick up (as I've never used it myself), so I can't help you there. I went from WMM to Sony Vegas without any difficulty whatsoever, but Vegas is significantly more expensive, although I hear that an OEM version of Vegas 6.0 can be found for around $100.

Check out this thread for a more comprehensive list of the software that's out there.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:18 am

but before you go off and buy something...you should probably get a trial version.

most companies offer trial versions of their products, and this is probably the best way to determine the right program for you.
at any rate, you should definatly check out that thread that CrackTheSky linked you to
I won't let you beat me for most helpful Sky...not without a fight at least

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:18 am

pinnacle 7.
the other verisons are similar, but 7 was the most stable
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:29 am

Kariudo wrote: I won't let you beat me for most helpful Sky...not without a fight at least
Blahaha...I've been on a helpful streak lately :P It's funny because I was thinking earlier, "I'm probably driving Kariudo crazy..."

Jayn_Newell
Org Profile

Post by Jayn_Newell » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:43 am

CrackTheSky wrote:I went from WMM to Sony Vegas without any difficulty whatsoever, but Vegas is significantly more expensive, although I hear that an OEM version of Vegas 6.0 can be found for around $100.
Ditto on the first part of this, although I went to Vegas Movie Studio, which isn't as powerful but is significantly cheaper (I paid $100 CND for my copy new)too bad that was just before Vegas 7 came out and the price on the full version plummeted, gargh!

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:09 am

to the original question, pinnacle is the most like wmm because of auto scene detection
but if you're gonna venture into more high end programs:

KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

LOBO_89X
Org Profile

Post by LOBO_89X » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:20 pm

well thanx for the advice i cant really say y but me and vegas dont get along too well and yea i guess its cuz of the auto scene thing but ill try pinnacle thnx aghain guys
we ride together, we die together-
law of the triangle
hey check out my pride and joy
Konoha Silence

Return to “Video & Audio Help”