I come seeking wisdom

BurningBusterBlader
Org Profile

I come seeking wisdom

Post by BurningBusterBlader » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:43 am

Hell, I need HELP:

I have an old computer.... I'd say about... 3 years old? It's a Compaq and I use Windows, and It runs at Mid Speed ( Not as fast as I want but not as slow as I used to be ) And I have Dial Up... (AOHELL)

I need a program that will allow me to put Videos onto Windows Media Player ( or if someone can suggest a better movie maker ) WITHOUT the DiVX Caption or any other caption.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:06 am

BurningBusterBlader wrote:I need a program that will allow me to put Videos onto Windows Media Player ( or if someone can suggest a better movie maker )
There are a lot of good programs out there; I use Sony Vegas 6.0, which is apparently down to $100 if you get an OEM version. A good step up from WMM is Magix Movie Edit Pro (11?), which is reasonably cheaper; you can probably find it for $50, or less if you look hard enough. There's also Adobe Premiere which is basically the same as Vegas, though marginally more expensive.

There's a comprehensive list of programs and links here, so if you're considering moving up give it a look.
BurningBusterBlader wrote:WITHOUT the DiVX Caption or any other caption.
I'm not sure, but converting the clips to Lagarith or HuffYUV might remove the DivX captions (although if there are Cartoon Network captions, those cannot be removed). If not, you can always just crop them out after you're done exporting the final product.

There's more info on file conversion (along with a lot of other useful tech advice that you should read about) here. If you just want to crop, learn about it here, although I think you're going to have to Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a> anyway to learn how to crop with AVIsynth/VirtualDubMod.

Hope that helped!

^_^

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:13 am

the DIVX logo shows up because you didn't turn it off... go into the codec preferences and turn it off... i don't use divx (i use xvid or ffdshow for decoding) so i can't tell you how.

as for editing programs, Premiere Elements and the cheap version of Vegas are about $50-%75 (afaik), Magix is cheap but very powerful if you can figure it out (well, just about any program can be powerful if you know how to use it).

Pwolf

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:54 am

It's REALLYeasy to turn off the logo, and I'm amazed that more people don't get annoyed by it popping up on every video they play. For this reason (among many others), is why I've abandoned DivX for XviD and never looked back.

I can tell you how to disable it, but I think it's more fun to provide a link to a solution in the paragraph above and have you search a bit for it. :P
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

BurningBusterBlader
Org Profile

Post by BurningBusterBlader » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:22 am

Ah thank you Willen :: just scanned the standing out word only to find the link before I could read the rest of your post ::

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:28 am

BurningBusterBlader wrote:Ah thank you Willen :: just scanned the standing out word only to find the link before I could read the rest of your post ::
I knew I shouldn't have used the bold tag. :P
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Return to “Video & Audio Help”