.ps2 files?

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
Dannywilson
Org Profile

.ps2 files?

Post by Dannywilson » Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:48 pm

anyone know of a program that can encode video to .ps2 files? I want to play around with them, because nearly everyone in my dormitory has a ps2 or hangs out with someone that does, and I think that would be a neat way to get my vids out to the general public.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Matrix Saiyan
Org Profile

Post by Matrix Saiyan » Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:18 pm

well I am looking more around to how to get PS2 Movies off the Disc with a DVD-ROM if possible.
Matrix Saiyan

I may have a DBZ name but that is why I am supperior to all.

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:57 pm

PS2's a DVD player as well, isn't it? If it can play VCDs, then that's probably the route you should go.

Matrix Saiyan
Org Profile

Post by Matrix Saiyan » Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:27 pm

I am looking to get the CGI movies off Playstation 2 games is it possible?
Matrix Saiyan

I may have a DBZ name but that is why I am supperior to all.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Dec 14, 2002 2:35 am

RichLather wrote:PS2's a DVD player as well, isn't it? If it can play VCDs, then that's probably the route you should go.
no, the PS2 cannot play VCD's, but on the other hand, the dreamcast can. ^^
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

NicholasDWolfwood
Org Profile

Post by NicholasDWolfwood » Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:36 am

Matrix Saiyan wrote:I am looking to get the CGI movies off Playstation 2 games is it possible?

I don't believe so, you would have to capture them with a capture card.

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Sun Dec 15, 2002 5:18 pm

hm...Quu really needs to update his video game guide for PS2 stuffs.

I know of a couple programs that can get you what you need.

First here's little bit of background:
The customary PS2 video file is a variation of MPEG-2. The files that contain this data are usually in a .PSS file or an archive containing these .PSS files. This can sort of be compared to the .STR files on a PS1 disc. It's sort of the same principle.

Anyway, you'll need a piece of software that can convert these file types into a conventional format.

Here is pretty much the only one available that I can find:

PSS Plex - converts .PSS stream into a regular MPEG-2 format and .WAV audio file separately. And you can also do vice-versa.

Muzzle Flash
http://muzzleflash.da.ru/

Hoever, more PS2 games are starting to have their movies all processed in real-time - meaning that you won't find many pre-rendered movies in the disc at all. If you want something that's produced in real-time then you'll have to get some capture material. You can tell if it's real time or not by looking at it. You can usually tell.

Hope this helps...
"Many people want to change the world, but very few even consider changing themselves."
<<A>My Member Profile</a>> <<A>Read my Xanga</a>>

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”