General Video Editing question

Sagara Sanosuke
Org Profile

General Video Editing question

Post by Sagara Sanosuke » Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:48 pm

I'm using Adobe Premiere 6 and I was wondering would it be easier to have multiple avi's(that were ripped off of a DVD) of the scenes one is going to use in a video or have one large one?

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:54 pm

It depends on a couple of factors. If file size is a problem for you, then you'd be better off making clips, rather than having one huge file. But if HD space isn't really a problem and you want better quality, then I'd suggest you go to the guides section and check out ErMaC's guide.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:56 pm

afleetinghope
Org Profile

Post by afleetinghope » Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:25 pm

Where is it in the guide, hmm? :roll:

I prefer using clips, saves space and atleast for me makes the process go faster.

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Wed Jul 10, 2002 6:58 am

it annoys when you have one big clip in the timeline and you must search for a 1 second long part.
cut it in clips, each not longer as 1 minute

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Jul 10, 2002 8:27 am

I guess you havent mastered the art of In and Out points.

You dont have to put the whole file on the timeline at all.

I'm currently working with avisynth files that refer to DVD versions of 2 episodes per file and I'm not finding it difficult getting clips.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:16 pm

Eh? You don't have to put the whole clip into Premiere? Could you explain this more, and tell me how to do it? Or point out the part of the manual that explains it?

mckeed
Org Profile

use the bin fool!

Post by mckeed » Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:00 pm

You do have to put the clip in premire, just not in the timeline itself. You put your clips or episodes or however you have the footage in the bin. Its pretty much just a folder that links to where your clips are so they can be all over your HD if you want them to be. Then you can double click on those files which brings up the clip window where you can set in and out points using the bracket thingys for the correct piece of footage that you want to use. Then use the same bracket thingys on your timeline to mark the place you want your footage to go. From there you just hit the insert button and make sure you have the correct destination video and audio tracks selected and there appears the part you just selected. If the footage is too long or short it will ofer to adjust speed for you or if it is a frame or two too long it will just trucate it for you if you so desire. I can't imagine putting an entire episode onto the timeline and then chopping it up to get the right clip, that would suck.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Jul 10, 2002 5:41 pm

Ah! Thanks!

Return to “Video & Audio Help”