Windows Movie Maker sux

This forum is for video and audio help and discussion.

Windows Movie Maker sux

Postby Agent_Two » Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:17 pm

Hey there people, I am a new member, but I wish to know if there is a free downloadable program which I can get to make music videos. I currently use WMM which makes the picture quality kinda bad with WMP. You can e-mail me at: agent_two2@hotmail.com with any suggestions and ideas, thanks!!! :D
--Mirai Trunks--
Agent_Two

Postby IamSD » Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:42 pm

Go buy Adobe Premiere 6... or borrow it from one of your "friends". Well derr, of course WMM sucks. It's one of those flashy quickmake programs. The flashy "do-it-yourself-easy-pushbutton" programs usually do suck.
IamSD

Postby IamSD » Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:46 pm

oops... (forgot to add this)

AP6 isn't free, but it's a good program to use. I don't know any free ones that are good, sorry! Buying is the best way out--and don't pirate programs! (If you do) Bad, pirate, bad! *eats your polly*
IamSD

Postby klinky » Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:40 pm

Grab the trial off of adobe.com

~klinky
klinky

Postby JCD » Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:02 am

the best free one is propably moviexone from <a href="www.aist.com">Aist</a> if you don't want to buy / hack Adobe Premiere
JCD
Lord of the Dance

Postby JCD » Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:04 am

damn, html...
you'll find it on www.aist.com
JCD
Lord of the Dance

Postby jbone » Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:50 am

Never heard of AIST...
jbone

Re: Windows Movie Maker sux

Postby mexicanjunior » Tue Jul 23, 2002 9:58 pm

Agent_Two wrote:Hey there people, I am a new member, but I wish to know if there is a free downloadable program which I can get to make music videos. I currently use WMM which makes the picture quality kinda bad with WMP. You can e-mail me at: agent_two2@hotmail.com with any suggestions and ideas, thanks!!! :D

So much WMM hate... :cry:
mexicanjunior

Postby bloodyfang » Wed Jul 24, 2002 1:58 am

yeah WMM used to piss me off. But apparently there is some kinda error that i didn't know about.

The little progress bar when you render will not move but it is still rendering. Damn me and my N00bness. I'm going to check this out tommorrow when i have a little more time.

WMM isn't that bad a program. It can be a tough woman to please though.
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel
bloodyfang

Postby The Wired Knight » Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:32 am

Go get Adobe or Pinnacle something or other. Freeware editing never makes good videos.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
The Wired Knight

Postby Bushido Philosopher » Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:51 am

well what do expect to get from something that's free??? :?

i mean, if actual good things were free, then this would be one screwed up world wouldn't it?

just save up your money if you want Premiere that badly. if you don't want to pursue AMV making that bad, then i dont know what to tell you other than "too bad for you, get over it". 8)
"Many people want to change the world, but very few even consider changing themselves."
<<A>My Member Profile</a>> <<A>Read my Xanga</a>>
Bushido Philosopher

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Jul 24, 2002 1:29 pm

Ko Oh Yoku wrote:i mean, if actual good things were free, then this would be one screwed up world wouldn't it?

well, that all depends on whether you think capitalism is the only way the world can work :P
AbsoluteDestiny

Postby Rozard » Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:49 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:So much WMM hate... :cry:

People need to respect the simplicity that is WMM!!!!
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.
Rozard

Postby mexicanjunior » Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:30 pm

Rozard wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:So much WMM hate... :cry:

People need to respect the simplicity that is WMM!!!!

Damn right! :lol:
mexicanjunior

Postby ErMaC » Thu Jul 25, 2002 3:44 am

If it wasn't for the output quality issues WMM has, I don't see why people slam it so much. It does most of what you need - albeit I suspect it has trouble opening AVISynth files but I've never tried.

People who think they need Premiere to do everything are just plain wrong. Sh1t, Hsien used to use Ulead Media Studio Pro for everything, and he made some really really kickass videos. Half of my videos could be made using WMM or Ulead or Pinnacle Studio 7. You don't need Premiere for everything... in fact I think sometimes it'd be better if everyone wasn't given the options that Premiere gives them because 97% of the options in Premiere shouldn't be used in a music video (read: snazzy transitions, stupid filters, etc).

Things like the replicate filter. I _hate_ that filter. The only time I've EVER seen it used right is in Shameless Rock Video, every other time I've seen it used it's been trite and detracted from the video.

Premiere is a very very powerful tool, and many of the things it does are truly technically impressive, but most of the time you don't need them. If you gave me a video editing tool that could do multiple tracks with transparency, had only the Crossfade filter, and could work with my DV500 in realtime like Premiere, then I would use it, because it would pretty much do everything I needed. WMM comes close to having what everyone needs, it's just held back by some video quality shortcomings from what I've seen.
ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG

Next

Return to Video & Audio Help