A great After Effects resource

E-Ko
Org Profile

Post by E-Ko » Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:14 pm

Zarxrax wrote:when it gets imported into AE, it cant find a LOT of the clips, and it just replaces them with color bars. I have no idea why its unable to find certain ones. And the ones it cant find seems to be completely random, i mean, there is no pattern to which files go in ok and which dont.
Footage replaced by color bars...I've encountered this before.

In my stumblings, I've found that this is due (but probably not limited) to one of two things. Either After effects couldn't find the footage file (as is the case when I've deleted the footage files or moved them to a different file/directory/etc on the hard drives) or After Effects doesn't recognize the format of the footage file (as is the case when I've tried to import TitleDeko Graphics).

I would suggest attempting to directly import one of the problematic footage files into an AE project. If AE can import and display the footage without problems (i.e. actual footage instead of color bars), then you can simply replace the color bars with your footage.

If you can't directly import the problematic footage, then...well...I'm afraid I don't know - I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to file formats. Perhaps the problematic files are missing the proper extensions?

I ran some simplistic tests before posting this response and found that After Effects had no difficulties importing premier projects containing quicktime (including DV, mjpeg A, animation, cinepac, sorenson video 3, H.263, and uncompressed), avi (including mjpeg, DV, Huffyuv, Cinpac, and divx 5.0), illustrator, photoshop, filmstrip, mpeg1, mpeg2, animated gif, gif, flc/fli, targa, bitmap, or tiff files. It did replace offline files and TitleDeko Graphics with color bars. I don't have any real media, windows media, or VOB files on-hand (embarassingly, I haven't attempted to rip a DVD yet - my DVD-ROM crapped out over a year ago), so I didn't test those.

Hope this helps. No doubt that there might be something else going on that I don't know about. Still learning myself.

Incedently, I forgot to mention in the previous post that AE disgards any subclips when importing Premier Projects - it properly retains the footage in the timeline but doen't reproduce the subclips in the project window. Or so I recall.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:37 pm

Well... the files in the premiere project consist of a couple hundred PSD files... I can import them directly... but that could take like an hour or more, to sort out which ones it took in and which it didnt @_@

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:02 pm

Yes Zarx, I too am suffering from this problem...

:(
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Return to “Video & Audio Help”