A Question, dunno what subject tho.

EscapeFromReality
Org Profile

A Question, dunno what subject tho.

Post by EscapeFromReality » Mon Oct 14, 2002 6:39 am

Well most downloadeble movies today are episodes ie 20 min or so but some time back i came across two files on called RoLW01-07 and
RoLW08-13. some nice soul had put the episodes toghter and my question is can i do it with AP6.0 and how will sound be affected when you put ie 5 episodes toghter?, is there some kind of tool to work the sound to flow free as it should and correctly timed.

And yes i dont know where this "Post" should have been, and yes i didnt scroll down to see if the topic allready existed.. hope you'll help me any way.
"Cowards die thousand times...
Heroes only once."
-Grifter.
(A friend and not me. Like the "" enyway.)

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Mon Oct 14, 2002 6:43 am

Yes you can do that. I would suggest against it though since the resulting file would be quite large. You also have to worry about things like frame rate, aspect ratio, resolution & bitrate changes. Since each episode could have been encoded differently each time(if you get it all from one group, it's less likely). If you're thinking of doing this as a public service to file sharing friends, I wouldn't. Most people wouldn't want to download a 800MB file. They'd rather download 4 200MB files.

If the episodes are encoded the same (same codec, frame rate and audio), you can use the free program Virtual Dub with it's options to "append avi segment". Then export out a copy with them all merged.

As for audio quality loss, it would probably be minimal.

~klinky

Return to “Video & Audio Help”