Sure, ok. I got some time on my hands.
1) Double click PSXMC.exe and launch the program.
2) Something to this nature should come up:
3) Load up your game disc (in this case, FF8 or FF9) into your CD/DVD drive. I'll be using FF8 Disk1 as an example.
4) Once you've loaded the game disc click Open and Analyze CD-ROM
in the bottom portion of psxmc:
5) This should pop up:
Select This CDAZ is Adopted
, and the FF8Stream
plugin should automatically be recgonized for the disc. (FF9Stream
plugin recgonized when FF9 discs are put in accordingly.)
6)The lovely STR files should load now.
7) Now go to PSXMC Options...
on the right bottom corner area of the program interface, and then go to To AVI settings
From here, you will want to select a lossless codec, such as HuffYUV, uncompressed, lagarith, etc. If you do not need audio ripped, deselct Audio
under the codec option. Make sure to also choose a AVI output path to where you want to place the ripped movies.
8) Now that you got the settings done, press OK
and click Start Convert...
When this is complete, you should have lovely video files awaiting in your output paths.