Output settings for video

This forum is for video and audio help and discussion.

Output settings for video

Postby wingede » Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:23 am

Juz need some help here...I'm supposed to use premiere to do a video in 3 different versions

1) Digital video clip for playback on VHS PAL VCR
2) Digital video clip for CDROM playback
3) Digital video clip for Internet playback

so I'm not sure what to set for the "export timeline" thing...
I know usually for internet playback (as seen in this site) is avi and mpeg. what i'm not sure is the first two options.

~help
wingede

~gomen

Postby wingede » Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:30 am

was just going through some of the older posts and found a link to help me ^.^;;
wingede

Re: Output settings for video

Postby klinky » Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:35 am

wingede wrote:Juz need some help here...I'm supposed to use premiere to do a video in 3 different versions

1) Digital video clip for playback on VHS PAL VCR
2) Digital video clip for CDROM playback
3) Digital video clip for Internet playback

so I'm not sure what to set for the "export timeline" thing...
I know usually for internet playback (as seen in this site) is avi and mpeg. what i'm not sure is the first two options.

~help

1) There are different ways to do this. If you have a video card that supports TV out then you can just pipe the video and sound via cables to a vcr. If you have a actual TV output card then it depends on what the specs on the card are. You could also make a VCD/SVCD play it back on a DVD player to a VCR :\. You wouldn't want to change any of the ouput settings to do any of these options.

In fact you don't want to alter the output settings in Premiere because it'll look like crap if you do, you want the project and output settings to be basically the same. Hopefully you'll change the output codec to something lossless.

2) Depends on how you're going to play it back... You can make a VCD, SVCD(plays in most DVD players), or just place a compressed video file onto the disc, this will only work if you plan on playing it back on a computer. There are many different ways to do this.

3) Same as above. There is a link below my signature to some guides, check out ErMaC's guide.

For making VCDs, check out http://www.vcdhelp.com/

Basically you don't want to do any of those things in Premiere. You should use other programs to do them, as they do it much better then Premiere.

~klinky
klinky

thnx

Postby wingede » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:58 pm

KK thanks for your help

well, my school assignment brief says, "using premiere" -.-;; we're not that high end yet...or the actual high end program is reserved only for Film students.

I'm in games
LoL
wingede

Return to Video & Audio Help