God damn DivX wont convert to MPEG, a little help please

ShinodaChai
Org Profile

God damn DivX wont convert to MPEG, a little help please

Post by ShinodaChai » Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:20 pm

I been downloading clips for a AMV im making and there all in DivX format, so as usual i open TMPGEnc and convert it, when its finishes it leaves me with a no-sound clip which is 2-3 minutes longer then the original??

The Site :
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/fantasymovies

The Clips :
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/fantasymovies/h ... os/fmv.htm

Any help pls ? :(

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Aug 24, 2002 2:15 am

It is possible that the clips use variable bitrate mp3s which tmpg can't read.

If you want the audio you will have to extract it seperately. See my audio guide for more details (link below).

KojiUrashima
Org Profile

this should help

Post by KojiUrashima » Sat Aug 24, 2002 8:26 pm

Regardless of the video codec used, have your audo at uncompressed 48000khz, that should do the trick

jbone
Org Profile

Re: this should help

Post by jbone » Sun Aug 25, 2002 5:58 pm

KojiUrashima wrote:Regardless of the video codec used, have your audo at uncompressed 48000khz, that should do the trick
1. You mean 48KHz. 48MHz would not sound very pleasing to the ear. :-D

2. You should always use the same frequency at which the audio track is already recorded. Converting a 44KHz audio stream to 48KHz will not improve anything - rather, it'll cause the audio stream to artifact as it's crammed into a different frequenct range.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

KojiUrashima
Org Profile

^^

Post by KojiUrashima » Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:25 pm

yeah, I meant 48khz, but it was like 3 in the morning. Also, TMpeg has been known not to except any audio but 48khz, so it just depends if you want it on VCD or not. Otherwise, it's not worth it.

NicholasDWolfwood
Org Profile

Post by NicholasDWolfwood » Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:04 pm

If you're going to be using the MPEG files in Premiere, don't. MPEG files aren't frame-accurate. Convert the DivX into HuffYUV if you have the space, then use them in Premiere.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:37 pm

Yeah and on top of all that, if you're using them to make an AMV, does the sound have to convert over?
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

NicholasDWolfwood
Org Profile

Post by NicholasDWolfwood » Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:15 pm

When I edit, I prefer sound..but that's just me. I like to have sound so I can hear what the people are saying, but if I absolutely can't have sound, it doesn't bother me that much.

KojiUrashima
Org Profile

0.o

Post by KojiUrashima » Mon Aug 26, 2002 8:49 pm

Oh, I thought we were talking about a final render here. Why would you want to convert from AVI-MPG. MPEGS lag in Premiere and most other video editing programs and have he same quality. Use HufYUV (or something like that ^^) to convert to AVI. It's a space hog, but it's worth it ^^

Return to “Video & Audio Help”