How do I go about getting those PSS files out of PS2 games?

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:55 am

No prob guys.

Although MGS2's cutscenes are using the gameplay engine rather than movie files. So it's not possible to rip from it.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:18 am

A couple were actually pre-rendered. But yeah, you're right. Most of it is from the engine. I remember now. It was a tool on PS2MODPARADISE to rip the pre-rendered stuff from the DAT file.

Hopefully this will make it work.... *crossing fingers*
"Many people want to change the world, but very few even consider changing themselves."
<<A>My Member Profile</a>> <<A>Read my Xanga</a>>

Geckolio
Org Profile

Post by Geckolio » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:23 pm

I registered just to thank Castor for that informative post, because I was clawing my brains out after trying the same stuff Bushido did. I just successfully made the image, here's hoping the rest works. Thanks again!
I've got a fever, and the only cure is more cowbell.

TKDarkhaven
Org Profile

Post by TKDarkhaven » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:34 pm

I made the image (ISO) but Extractor doesn't seem to find any MPG when it searches. I did the file split correctly and everything :(. Anyone know something I could of did wrong?
"Hey guys, I brought the sandwiches- OH MY GOD!"

varxtis
Org Profile

Post by varxtis » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:39 pm

Hey everyone...
OK... So I followed instructions
I downloaded installed and ran ISObuster, splitter, and then Extractor!
Mostly everythings coo...
I't doing what you guys said it'd do
But there's one thing...
I am only coming up with twelve mpegs (FFX-2 btw)
There is one that isn't showing up
Now, I understand about the cutscene thing... but the movie I want shouldn't be a cutscene!
It's the intro prior to the title screne (the credits with the piano song playing... lol)
Does anyone know about this problem?

BigDude
Org Profile

Post by BigDude » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:57 pm

mitsukai212 wrote:Now, I understand about the cutscene thing... but the movie I want shouldn't be a cutscene!
It's the intro prior to the title screne (the credits with the piano song playing... lol)
Does anyone know about this problem?
Its odvously not a .PSS/.MPG file. Otherwise it would have been found druing the scan/exraction process.

Tough luck.
If you want it, you'll have to use a capture card.

:roll:

TennyoKitsune
Org Profile

Post by TennyoKitsune » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:28 am

*SQUEE!!* This method worked for me with Fatal Frame 2! XD

I used PSS Plex for the video files however, it seems they all work just fine. Thanks TONS for this Castor! ^_^ Now I can get to work on my video!
Can you still see your dreams in the distant, starry sky?
Dreams are more fragile and fleeting than a glass rose, so then why are we destined to dream?

varxtis
Org Profile

Post by varxtis » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:40 am

Ya know what Big Dude... you seem to be intent on proving that I am a newb or lazy or something with your sarcastic comments! Guess what... your personal feelings about those that enter these forums are not of my concern...! If you have information that you wish to share that would be great and I am sure it'd be a great benefit to the rest of the users! However if you are only here to put people down... then why even log on? what exactly do you get out of it? if you wish to access a public domain just to match wits... enter a chat forum! Capture card is a good Idea, and it might allow me to get the video I wish!
But unknown to you... I just purchased a video card... and do NOT wish to purchase another one just for a capture option! In anycase... you yourself haven't contributed to this forum either! You have only taken advantage of this information that was kindly provided by Castor Troy! So inevidably my comment wasn't directed to you! my inquisition was actually requesting information from Castor Troy! I am only hoping he will have the patience! lol I was just thinking there might be another route or something I did wrong... or more percisely if the video I'm looking for is a different file type!

BigDude
Org Profile

Post by BigDude » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:21 pm

mitsukai212 wrote:If you have information that you wish to share that would be great and I am sure it'd be a great benefit to the rest of the users!
So, apparently I did not give any information? Actually, I did. I said that particular clip you want from the game is not a .pss/.mpg file. To you, that may be usless, but to others seeking the same thing it could possibly save them time knowing that it is not one of those file types.
mitsukai212 wrote:you seem to be intent on proving that I am a newb or lazy or something
Well, if you, or anyone elce for that matter, ask a question before bothering to actually look through the froum, I believe anyone has the right to call them lazy. They are people whom just want to be spoon fed everything. Lazy people.
mitsukai212 wrote:you yourself haven't contributed to this forum either! You have only taken advantage of this information that was kindly provided by Castor Troy!
I would, but then I would mostly just be telling him everything he already knows. Myself, and Im sure others, look up to Castor along with others here for knowledge. He prvided this information and I thank him for that. :up:

Aside, I did not mean to seem harsh or mean or however you took anything I said. I am sorry.

TennyoKitsune wrote:I used PSS Plex for the video files however, it seems they all work just fine.
You could also just change the .mpg extention to .vob or .m2v and put it through DVD2AVI and use AVISynth. Thats what I did, and that way I can also apply any filters I need.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:38 pm

I'm gonna be working on a few updates to the PS2 ripping method since you can use a few other programs instead of the ones just listed. Hopefully I can find some direct links to the programs themselves.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “Video & Audio Help”