How do I go about getting those PSS files out of PS2 games?

momax
Org Profile

Re: How do I go about getting those PSS files out of PS2 gam

Post by momax » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:14 am

Bushido Philosopher wrote:I've already read http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=27803 so don't point me in any direction that goes to.

I've tried to do the HEX Editing as mentioned there, but the tutorials somehow don't work. All I get is a bunch of useless 16 KB files or "supposed" files that don't work.

I'm will to learn anything (like I did Premiere four years ago or this HEX editing). But if I'm misled then how am I supposed to do it right? Maybe I'm just doing something wrong but I literally did this dozens of times with no luck. Kinda annoying.... to say the least.

What I'm thinking is getting a program that allows me to see all of the files on the DVD rather than just the few that can be shown on Explorer. Then I can just use RipPSS and try that.

Or if you can point me to a HEX tutorial for PSS files other than those in Square Realm then point those out too.

But if anyone has a way that they KNOW works, (as in they've dont it themselves. None of these guys going "oh I don't have a PS2 but I'm sure this works") then please post what to do.

Word from me spreads fast so you can bet that the information will not help just one person, but many many more.
:? will

I do have PS2 & I wold like to help but waht is U'r P. with it
& what HEX & PSS."is it PSX=play staiton one" U mean?.
Hear so thing might be intresting 4U.
& thinking no i do have CD 4 PS2 non as(mp3 Boot) it mack U'r PS2 play mp3 music , mack see how many kp in the CD , wthre the CD is DVD or not & see all the file that can be shw in the PS2 :)

Note:
I not alwes in the Net. so if u have any forther Q? Just remand me
in my e-mial so i can chek in thes wap agin

o yh I hop I'v been halp enaph ^_^
SEE U agin sametime ok *)

all most 4gt knight_momax_77@hotmail.com

if u fear 4m me Just empty msg is enaph 4 me to check "dont 4gt to mention the nick name" in cae U send msg.

Touya_girl
Org Profile

Post by Touya_girl » Tue May 04, 2004 7:59 am

I agree that the capture card is the best way to go. My equipment allows me to hook the PS2 right into my computer. Playing through the whole game can be a pain, but at least with FFX and FFX-2 the clips are all in one place.
<p>My japanese name is <b>藤原 Fujiwara (wisteria fields) 美弥子 Miyako (beautiful march child)</b>.
<a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/969/">Take your real japanese name generator! today!</a>
<small>Created with <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/">Rum and Monkey</a>'s <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/">Name Generator Generator</a>.</small></p>

ShadowInc
Org Profile

Post by ShadowInc » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:24 pm

Can you please tell me where I download PSS Demux?

shirohamada
Org Profile

Post by shirohamada » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:51 am

varxtis
Org Profile

Post by varxtis » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:35 am

soo... hmm, I was wandering...
My video card has S-Video...
Is there ANY way to plug in my ps2 into my video card?? (in order to capture that is)
and if there's not a way to do it directly, what about indirectly... like, ps2 into tv, tv to pc? anything like that? I am STILL searching for that begining credits video (the one before the start screen.)lol I'm hopeless

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:06 am

mitsukai212 wrote:soo... hmm, I was wandering...
My video card has S-Video...
Is there ANY way to plug in my ps2 into my video card?? (in order to capture that is)
and if there's not a way to do it directly, what about indirectly... like, ps2 into tv, tv to pc? anything like that? I am STILL searching for that begining credits video (the one before the start screen.)lol I'm hopeless
You mean you want the 'playstation startup graphic?
Odd that your card has an S-video input, but not an rca.
Try this or something similar.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Ultimagamemasta
Org Profile

Post by Ultimagamemasta » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:30 pm

what about the f**king .irx files my DVD is reading? i tired to get FFX (Greatest Hits) to work and I think later on, they finally realize something and i am not getting any PSS files.

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:43 pm

Read the sticky guide at the top of the forum. There is an excellent step by step guide.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

varxtis
Org Profile

Post by varxtis » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:25 pm

Moocho Gracias...
My comment about the S-video though, was more of a question then a statement! I was wondering if the S-Video can be INput. or if it is only for output.

~nVIDIA e-GeForce FX 5200
AGP/Video-Out~

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:16 pm

argh, i'm stuck at the Nova Software Extractor part...

I'm using FFX

when it's finished scanning.. nothing shows up in the Filelist for me to chooose to change the properties and extract.. :?

Return to “Video & Audio Help”