mtv titling?

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

mtv titling?

Post by Farlo » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:47 am

im thinking of getting rid of my bumper, and figuring out how to put the titles like on music networks, which brings me to the question...

how is it done, if you know of a guide, then please link it.

the programs i have to use are "ulead mediastudio pro 6" and "adobe after effects 5.5"

DuoEnigma
Org Profile

Post by DuoEnigma » Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:07 am

www.creativecow.com After effect alone won't do it all for you, try a 3d program for text.....just go to the cow and ask dude. many people will help you out there.

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 am

:o People can't help you here? :p

Premiere can do this quite simply with a title tool and adjusting the rubberbands.

Or you can import PSD file from Photoshop and use the Alpha channel.

You could do it in After Effects as well, but I am not quite sure. It'd be similar to Premiere. But not quite :p

Alot of people don't actually like MTV titling becuase it "interferes" with the viewing experience.

~klinky

DuoEnigma
Org Profile

Post by DuoEnigma » Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:26 am

klinky wrote::o People can't help you here?:
:lol: When it comes to effects, the cow is the best: the a-m-v.org is the best in the rest.

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:52 am

[quote="klinky]You could do it in After Effects as well, but I am not quite sure. It'd be similar to Premiere. But not quite :p
[/quote]

You'd just pull the video into AE, make a project of the appropriate length, put the video on the timeline, make a new solid, apply the "Basic Text" effect, get the text you want in the font you want on screen, drag the solid layer so the text is where you want it to be, then set the opacity keyframes to zero so the solid text layer starts off transparent if you want it to fade up or dont' set one at the beginning at all if you want it to be onscreen at the start, then set a 100% opacity keyframe when you want it to fade down and a 0% opacity keyframe a second or so later so it fades out. Render, and viola!

For something simple like this though- as fond as I am of AE for text work, you may as well just do it in Premiere and save yourself the time...
Alot of people don't actually like MTV titling becuase it "interferes" with the viewing experience.
Not to mention that some contests either DQ videos with them or will cut off the portion of the video that has the title in it... I'd definitely suggest having a full-quality copy of the video without the MTV title to send in to competitions. I personally much prefer a title bumper either before or after the video that doesn't intrude into the video itself in most cases, though it does work well in some others.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:43 pm

Shucks, I just use TitleDeko Pro for Premiere. That's what I used for both "Yuji's Defense" and the "Young Punks on Bikes" remaster.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”