exporting question

BigshotSpike
Org Profile

exporting question

Post by BigshotSpike » Sat May 24, 2003 6:04 pm

Okay, I've finished my first project in Premier so now I'm trying to export my timeline.
Does anybody know the settings I should put for a high quality export with a reasonable file size? (the video is 2:20 minutes, so 20-40 Megs is preffered).

Brsrk
Org Profile

Post by Brsrk » Sat May 24, 2003 8:54 pm

It's not really that hard, just use whatever you want that is up to 40 mb (I'd recommend getting closer to 20 mb, but that's for people on 56k and other forms of dialup)...

I used I think 900 kbps with 128 kbps audio, file came out 1313 kbps, 26 mb or so for a 3 minute AMV. Until I get cable, I might have to do that... :? Otherwise I can try doing massive uploads, but my parents won't like it, but I dun care...

Usually a good kbps setting is around 1000-2000 kbps (1-2 mbps)... Then again, that's me...
Pwolf wrote:that music was way to "happy" for an anime as dramatic as the kenshin ova... your an evil evil person :P :up: Pwolf
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=87528

SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Mon May 26, 2003 11:46 pm

Why not just export in Uncompressed RGB, Uncompressed Audio, opening in VirtualDub, lossless-compressing with huffYUV, then opening the resulting file in Virtualdub and compressing with DivX/XviD at 100% quality, and using MPEG-Layer 3 compression, 160kbps, 44100khz for the audio? Thats what I do, and it works out at around 25-40Mb. My Evangelion-Nothing Else Matters runs for about 6.5 mins, and its only about 37Mb. Oh, and turn Motion Search Precision to "Highest" for this, it reduces the amount of "mosquito noise" around the edges of objecs on-screen (at least it seems to for me anyway.)

(Is there a reason why ppl use bitrate settings as opposed to quality settings for final distribution file export? I mean, Quality compression uses VBR, doesnt it? That means it should only use whats needed to compress a scene, and nothing more, no excess information)

BigshotSpike
Org Profile

Post by BigshotSpike » Mon May 26, 2003 11:54 pm

Alright, thanks. I'll do that.

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Tue May 27, 2003 12:28 am

If you have the drive space to export both audio and video uncompressed, you can encode right from that version to xvid using vdub.

No need to do the intermediate step of converting to huff, except you'll probably want to make a huff version for archival purposes (at full rez) as well.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”