IVTC interlacing question

AznRAVEr1022
Org Profile

IVTC interlacing question

Post by AznRAVEr1022 » Tue May 13, 2003 6:55 pm

when you plan to de-interlace your footage before editing using the ITVC script, do you need to add the line "(assume24fps)" after putting:
Telecide()
Decimate(5)
or does that only apply to footage that was originally 23.97fps? my original footage is 29.97fps.

Brolli411
Org Profile

Post by Brolli411 » Tue May 13, 2003 7:40 pm

If you're editing in premiere, you'll want to do that. Otherwise it will look sort of speeded up, and faster than normal. You can always change it back when done editing. I'm not sure if it is the same in other programs, though.
<A HREF="http://animemusicvideos.org/members/mem ... 61">Member Profile</a>

"You just saved the entire world from a near-death destruction, how do you feel?"
"I'm going to Disney Land!"
"That's right, Disney Land, you heard it here first folks."

MPEG2Source("C:/<A HREF="http://animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/">Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a></a>")

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Tue May 13, 2003 9:04 pm

De-interlace and IVTC are two different things.

De-interlace is used to "convert" fully interlaced video into progressive video. There are various ways to do this. But the idea is usually to merge or blend the fields. You CANNOT IVTC interlaced footage.

IVTC is used to convert telecined footage back into normal it's normal progressive format. You should not have to de-interlace after you're done IVTCing. IVTCing is not really a true form of de-interlacing. Though you could somewhat consider that it is, since it removes "interlacing" that was added due to the telecine process.

Somtimes IVTC does not work completely and you must run a de-interlacer to remove left over field artifacts.

All NTSC(USA) IVTC'd materials got the NTSC 23.976 FILM rate. Premiere doesn't support this, so you could use AssumeFPS(24) if you want. It's not needed. As long as your previews look fine in Premiere you'll be good to go. You don't want to start on the project and then adjust it later. If you want your project comply with NTSC standards then you should read the guides which explain how to do it. Premiere is such a suck ass program it doesn't allow for 23.976 projects. :roll: Baka Premiere :evil:

~klinky

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Tue May 13, 2003 9:06 pm

:o

Some examples of interlaced material would be your local evening news or something shot from a DV camera.

Examples of telecined footage would be most major motion pictures/anime on DVD.

~klinky

burntoast
Org Profile

Post by burntoast » Tue May 13, 2003 9:06 pm

Yup u wanna keep the AssumeFPS(24) script in ur avs file, cuz Premiere can't handle 23.976 fps (which is what IVTC turns the footage into).

So it'll look like:
Telecide()
Decimate(5)
AssumeFPS(24)
"The only one to deprive you of happiness is yourself."

AznRAVEr1022
Org Profile

Post by AznRAVEr1022 » Tue May 13, 2003 10:24 pm

alright, thanx.
another quick question without wasting another topic:
i downloaded the Xvid codec and did some encoding but it had that li'l logo in the bottom right hand corner. do i really have to buy this codec or register it or is there an earlier version that doesnt have this stupid logo?

Kinematics
Org Profile

Post by Kinematics » Thu May 15, 2003 9:44 pm

Do you mean DivX? I don't remember XviD displaying a logo, but DivX does unless you turn the logo off in the decoder configuration dialog (accessed through the start menu folder that DivX creates). Check the fifth box on the quality settings tab to disable it.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”