abcAVI Tag Editor Error

Yogurtron
Org Profile

abcAVI Tag Editor Error

Post by Yogurtron » Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:13 pm

I was trying to do the little 24 to 23.976 FPS trick in Ermac and Absolute Destiny's AMV guide, and found one problem. I encoded my video into a 24fps HuffYUV, then used the little tag editor trick from their guide. Now when i open the file in VirtualDub, it says:
Invalid AVI File: Chunk at 2396 extends outside of parent by -818502752 bytes.

Any idea how i might still get this 24 fps file to a 23.976 file? Obviously the tag editor doesn't like me very much.

(i find it odd that the chunk number is 2396, sicne the new framerate is 23.976... seems like a weird coincidence....)

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Thu May 01, 2003 12:32 am

You can change the framerate in virtualdub.

I am not sure why the guide doesn't reccomend you do it there =O. Oh well. But if you goto Video|Frame Rate. Then set it to "Change to: 23.976". Then save the AVI. I believe you could either do Fast Recompress, if you want to compress it, add your audio and then export it out. Or you can use Direct Stream Copy if all you want to do is adjust the frame rate.

;o And if this is wrong guys, let us know :p

~klinky

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu May 01, 2003 2:45 am

klinky wrote:You can change the framerate in virtualdub.

I am not sure why the guide doesn't reccomend you do it there
Try it and see... you'll find out how messed up it is.

There have been problems with abcavi tag, which are going to be addressed in the next amvapp. If it corrupts your avi files then try using AVIfrate which is a small program you can download from doom9.org. That will work.

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Thu May 01, 2003 2:50 am

:O I nevar noticed :cry:

;o And if this is wrong guys, let us know :p <------seeeeeee I put this statement in for a reason

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Actually I haven't done it often, since I haven't made a video in a long time =o

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Thu May 01, 2003 7:59 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:If it corrupts your avi files then try using AVIfrate which is a small program you can download from doom9.org. That will work.
This program is a God send :o
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”