Compresson querries

Jebadia
Org Profile

Compresson querries

Post by Jebadia » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:48 pm

Well, to make a short story shorter..I'm trying to get a 3:13 video (at a res of 512x272) below 90mb without it looking like ass.

The first pass is 130mb, in which most cases I've never seen the likes of before,( Not even one of my 5 min vids could get that high on the first pass). And the lowest file size I can target with Xvid for a 2nd pass is 90mb, well actually 91,653k, any lower and the video just looks bad.

I've tried running it through filters (Convolution, 2d cleaner, got the best results, quality wise) and managed to drop the filesize by 7-10mb.

I'm wonder if there is something I could do, before I consider dropping the resolution. Frankly I don't want people having to donwload a 90-80mb 3 minute video, but I don't want to have to settle dropping the quality to where it would be a little blocky (since the video already has a grain "noise filter" added to it in most parts).
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

RadicalEd0
Org Profile

Post by RadicalEd0 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:52 pm

I know what you're going to say but I'm dead serious when I say try helix producer basic (or one of the helix community milestone producer releases). Zarxrax's doujin addiction wouldn't go under 80mb for the xvid encode so he made a second 20mb realmedia version and the quality is still excellent.

Aside from that, just use stuff like smartsmootherhiq, convolution3d, and deen at high settings if you need to up compressibility.
NMEAMV: PENIS
NMEAMV: IN
NMEAMV: YO
NMEAMV: MIXED
NMEAMV: DRINK

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:59 pm

That IS a mighty big first pass size. My Doujin Addiction video was 110mb for the first pass, with a length of 2:38, but a res of 640x480. I don't really know what to tell you. Try using the h.263 quantizer type if you arent already. If there is any one particular part in the video that just eats up the bits, maybe you could try applying more smoothing/blurring to just that part or something :\

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:27 pm

Try bilinear resizing

try temporal cleaner

try peach smoother/ pixie dust/ gold dust

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:27 pm

magic genie too?

Gimme the damn lamp..and some candy...
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:58 pm

seriously - pixie dust and gold dust are the names of two very powerful noise removing filters.

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:05 pm

oh...well I still want some candy.... :(

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:04 pm

Hmmm..this is interesting, I tried using "VD_TemporalCleaner", but when I did, it put a green bar at the bottom of the screen...strange at first, but I played around and used BicubicResize with the TemporalCleaner and it made the picture go plad...with green and pink stripes across the screen. Kinda funny, yet frustrating....

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:27 pm

Ah, and now I see why, I missed a decimal....

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Thu May 01, 2003 5:16 pm

In all of my experiences without exception, if you have two videos of the same bitrate and different resolutions, the higher-resolution one will look a lot better with almost no increase in filesize. Areas of JPEG fuzzing become smaller, etc.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”