Problem playing OGM files

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Problem playing OGM files

Post by CaTaClYsM » Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:54 pm

I cannot make windows media player associate them. I can play them if I go and select all files and then open it up but that a pain. I also can't do the right click and select the ''open with' option.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:46 pm

Try right clicking and going to properties, then changing the program that the file opens with. :?:

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:49 pm

and I would do that how? the only things I can do are change the read only, hidden, and archive check boxes. thats it.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:11 am

I'm not sure, this may not work depending on the OS, or if this can even be done to OGM files. :?

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:17 am

win 98 first Edition

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:19 am

I geuss not then...

I think there is some key combination to hold when you right click to get the open with included. I don't know, I may be wrong. :?

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:32 am

I held down shift and it brought up the 'open with' menu. Now when I click windows media player it REFUSES adamantly to open it.

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:47 am

uhhh....crap.

I've told you all I know (not much, eh?). You'll just have to wait untill some-one who knows more about it gets on.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:53 am

Do you have the OGM directshow filters installed?

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:02 am

I would asume so since I can play them in windows media player, but only when I go and select 'all files'.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”