My First time help!

UkRs
Org Profile

My First time help!

Post by UkRs » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:16 am

so yea guys this is my first time making an amv so i had an idea my friend gave me the series which were mkv 1080p(h.265) ( i dont know if he bought or just download it! ) so i have sony vegas platinum ( paid ) so i started adding clips in the editor but w8 what the file is mkv so i can't add the video! , fine then i will simply convert it to mp4 so i searched it on youtube and tried every way to covert it into mp4 ( except converters they take a lot of time like it would take like more than 100 hours as each videos takes 2-3 hours to convert ) so tell me is there a simple way to convert it into mp4 as you guys are amver(just a madeup name) and most of you guys might have faced this problem!

[Moved to Video and Audio help forum - Kireblue]

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: My First time help!

Post by Kireblue » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:17 am

The AMVPack has pretty much everything that you'll need to convert your footage viewtopic.php?f=11&t=129470

And here is the guide that teaches you how to use the programs within it.
https://www.amv101.com/guides

Section A of this page seems to be exactly what you want to do
https://www.amv101.com/guides/preparing ... ng-mkv-mp4

albert6720
Org Profile

Post by albert6720 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:54 pm

Why not you check some online tutorial on Youtube as there are many technical gurus that help you to learn more from basic to pro.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu May 12, 2016 8:00 am

Since you say they are h265, Vegas does not support that so recontainering will not work. Converting to lossless AVI would be the best solution as you would not lose any quality and the conversion process is rather quick, however the downside is you will need a lot of space. NEVER re-encode to a lossy format to edit with as you will just be degrading the quality and the conversion process is really long too.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Return to “Video & Audio Help”