Next Step for Editing

Porygon_Wut
Org Profile

Next Step for Editing

Post by Porygon_Wut » Wed May 13, 2015 8:27 pm

I am unsure what to do for my next step for editing. I ran my footage through DGIndex and AVSPmod, and have everything as .avs files. I was looking at the guide and I can't figure out if I can edit them as .avs files or if I should convert them to .avi, and if so, how. Any help on this would be appreciated!

Porygon_Wut
Org Profile

Re: Next Step for Editing

Post by Porygon_Wut » Wed May 13, 2015 8:39 pm

OK, I figured out this problem, but I have a new one now. I tried loading my .avs file into VirtualDub, and I got an error message:
AVI Import Filter error: (Unknown) (80040154)
Does anyone have an idea what's causing it, and what can be done to fix it?

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed May 13, 2015 11:06 pm

Did you download the 32-bit or 64-bit version of VirtualDub? That error generally means AviSynth isn't installed (or if you are using 64-bit VirtualDub, there is no 64-bit AviSynth for it to use). If you want the easy fix, just download AMVpack, otherwise you will need to make sure you are using the latest version of AviSynth (currently 2.6 RC3), the 32-bit version of VirutalDub, and make sure the DGdecode.dll included with DGIndex has been moved to the AviSynth plugins folder.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Porygon_Wut
Org Profile

Post by Porygon_Wut » Thu May 14, 2015 11:47 am

Ok, I think I figured out the problem. I didn't have the correct version of VirtualDub installed. It has been fixed and my video works. Thanks!

Return to “Video & Audio Help”