Problem with AVIsynth:x

Mooonrider
Org Profile

Problem with AVIsynth:x

Post by Mooonrider » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:40 am

Hey guys

I was interested in all this stuff around video and what you can do with it since you need it if you ever attempt to do an AMV. So I tried to follow the guide about the Amvapp (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... synth.html) and it was pretty easy to understand till firstly trying the colorbars thing: First I got an error with mplayer2.exe (I can look for the whole error but it's in german and hard to translate imo) but after some trying and switching programs (although Idk what i really did) the error stopped but Windows Media Player didn't show my anything. It just opened when I started the Test.avs file I created :/ So before I'm gonna continue with the guide I want to make this work more or less and that's the point where I need your help :x

Note: I'm a big n00b at this overall and if you need any more information to help me just tell me :)

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: Problem with AVIsynth:x

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:56 pm

AMVapp is out of date and installing it at this point will cause a lot of issues. You should remove those and install AMVpack instead as it contains the same software but is up to date. If you need any basic guides for how to use the software then using this AMV 101 guide might be of some use to you as it break the processes down step by step.
Last edited by l33tmeatwad on Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Mooonrider
Org Profile

Post by Mooonrider » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:52 pm

Thanks very much, I'm going to try it as soon as I can! :D

Mooonrider
Org Profile

Post by Mooonrider » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:37 am

sry for double post but I have a problem again

So after getting the AMVpack and going along the AMV 101 guide, I simply don't get what I do wrong already in the first steps. I'm supposed to create an AviSynth-Script in the same dictionary as my source. But I don't get how I shall open or just preview the video with the script since doesn't matter which command I try nothing happens. I really have no clue about this but I feel like I'm missing one step between downloading and actually use the scripts. Or maybe I'm just lacking brain and don't understand the whole thing ... if possible help me please!:(

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:24 pm

You need to use either AvsPmod or VirtualDub to preview the script.

Mooonrider
Org Profile

Post by Mooonrider » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:23 am

Ok thank you i'm dumb -.-
And how do I "frameserve" the script to Vegas? I looked up the FAQ and searched the internet but haven't found much. I tried to export it from virtualDub but the files are amazingly big ...

thanks

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:00 pm

Mooonrider wrote:Ok thank you i'm dumb -.-
And how do I "frameserve" the script to Vegas? I looked up the FAQ and searched the internet but haven't found much. I tried to export it from virtualDub but the files are amazingly big ...

thanks
Unfortunately it is not possible with Vegas (to my knowledge).

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:19 pm

I believe that for Vegas, you have to use AVFS and then load the fake .avi inside the mounted script folder. That's what I think I remember others saying.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Return to “Video & Audio Help”