Setup AMVpack and Ut Video on OSX (AviSynth and other tools)

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Setup AMVpack and Ut Video on OSX (AviSynth and other tools)

Post by l33tmeatwad » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:49 pm

This guide has moved here!
Last edited by l33tmeatwad on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:50 am, edited 17 times in total.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

XStylus
Org Profile

Re: Setup AMVpack and Ut Video on OSX (AviSynth and other to

Post by XStylus » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:27 am

:shock:

Come March I am gonna be testing the living crap out of this.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:51 am

sounds like a pain in the ass to install/set up
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:11 pm

It's actually quite easy, it's just a lot of steps.

ChronoWraith
Org Profile

Post by ChronoWraith » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:21 pm

Awesome, thanks l33t for putting all that together. For someone who recently started playing around on macs it nice to find this info all together.
<----Place Holder---->

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:32 am

Wow, thanks l33t. Guess with my 'retirement,' I should hand the Mac Guru label over to you. ...actually, I might test this out myself. I've got a Ano Hana amv in the works (because no one really retires)...
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:33 am

Athena wrote:Wow, thanks l33t. Guess with my 'retirement,' I should hand the Mac Guru label over to you. ...actually, I might test this out myself. I've got a Ano Hana amv in the works (because no one really retires)...
I don't even own a Mac, I had to borrow one to do this guide, lol...

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:06 pm

I'm much too busy these days between teaching, journalism, the naturalisation process, and my world traveling to spend much time editing (I'm in Thailand right now), so I just pick at shit that never gets finished.

I suppose I ought to try this (and Qyot's) and get back to you guys.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Anicsi
Org Profile

Post by Anicsi » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:47 pm

Thanks a lot for the guide! I decided to give this a try because I am not too happy about the compression results Premiere Pro gives me. The installation worked just fine, now I've just ran into a simple trouble that I don't know how to work around best.

Premiere Pro CS6 won't let me export .avi files. I've looked around, and it just doesn't support that. I can export it as a quicktime UtVideo, though, resulting in a lossless .mov file with ULY0. Since that codec is also supported in .avi container, i thought I could try and move it into .avi container with MPEGStreamclip. No such luck. While it does seem like it worked, I cannot open the copied file in any players (MplayerX does give me audio though). When I try open the .avi in MPEGStreamclip again, it crashes.

I also cannot convert the lossless ULY0 .mov into ULY0 .avi with MPEGstreamclip (which i don't really want to do anyway, but I thought i would try), and I get the error message: 'Error: can't set the compression buffer.'

Any ideas what I can do to get a lossless .avi ULY0 file to try out avisynth with?

----

Also, I have another question: The guide said to not install Zarx264gui with the amvpack. Why? Would it not work? Most editors use Zarx264gui for the final encoding, as suggested here. So why wasn't it included in the guide?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Anicsi
Org Profile

Post by Anicsi » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:39 pm

Update: I thought I could maybe try messing around with a script using sample files. I tried loading different files into AvsPmod, following this guide. I only get error messages once I want to view the frames. I expected it with the lagarith video (since it's a windows only codec and i don't have it installed), which I got from a friend to test, but I also get error messages with lossless animation codec .avi and several DirectShowSource() commands (I tried the video mentioned in the guide, .mpg and then x264 .mp4, same error)

I don't know anymore, nothing ever works for me :cry:

some screenshots:
Spoiler :

Return to “Video & Audio Help”