clean up process issues

Dragonrider1227
Org Profile

clean up process issues

Post by Dragonrider1227 » Sun May 25, 2014 3:15 pm

Hello. I've been making AMVs for a while but I always posted them on Youtube for my own personal enjoyment and to show friends so I never seriously worried about the clean up process. Now I'm trying to compete in a competition at a convention and they recommend I use certain programs like Virtualdub, Zarx264gui, and avisynth. Well, I'm having problems with ALL of these and can't seem to find help on them.
avisynth
Couldn't even figure out how this program worked
Virtualdub
Worked great at first. Really thought I found a winner. But a clip near the end of my video got stuck and I have no idea how to fix this.
Zarx264gui
I tried to put my video through Zarx and got this;
When I pressed "encode" I got this;
Then, when I did anything else, it just crashed.
I've looked up information on this, and nothing has helped. I asked on another board and no one answered. Can anyone here help me?

Dragonrider1227
Org Profile

Re: clean up process issues

Post by Dragonrider1227 » Sun May 25, 2014 6:40 pm

Well, I've figured out what went wrong with Virtualdub. But I'm still lost on the others

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon May 26, 2014 12:00 am

For AviSynth you'll need to Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a>, as it's just too complex to explain in a post... but the gist of it is that it's akin to programming, as it is a full fledged scripting language.
For ZarxGui, there are 2 problems that I can tell:
Missing MediaInfo: http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
And ffmpeg. Zarxgui itself should come with ffmpeg packed, though, and it's probably best to use the version it comes packed with. Try downloading it again. If the ffmpeg.exe really is missing (probably due to how distributing ffmpeg works in the US), then feel free to grab a 32-bit static build from here and rename it to just ffmpeg.exe before placing it in the same folder as the Zarxgui exe.

Dragonrider1227
Org Profile

Post by Dragonrider1227 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:23 am

Thank you very much. I got those missing programs and now it works like a charm. Thanks a bunch :)

Return to “Video & Audio Help”