.Wav to .Mp3 converters

Propyro
Org Profile

.Wav to .Mp3 converters

Post by Propyro » Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:52 pm

Ok, i was wondering if any one can halp me out, i was looking for a program that will allow me to take .wavs and convert them to MP3 ... yea, thats kinda backwards from what every one else is doing, taking mp3's and making them wav's so they work on a cd ... Well, i play guitar, and every now and then i plug it into the mic port in the back of my CPU, and play around with that, i have some of my stuff up on my crappy site. But any ways, i had found this trial program that works ok, but it only gives me 15 conversions and then i have to go buy the bloody thing. Dose any one know of any software i can go find for free that won't give me these annoying problems? Thanks for any help you guys give me.

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:39 am

<A href="http://dspguru.doom9.net/">BeSweet</a> - make sure you get the GUI. It's kinda ugly, but it works.

<a href="http://www.cdex.n3.net/">CDex</a> - nice interface, easy to use.

:O

These are free programs ^_^.
Oh yeah.

~klinky

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:00 am

Razorlame is nice and easy to use GUI for Lame. I recommend this program along with those Kilnky mentioned.

You need the frontend and Lame to run it.

Propyro
Org Profile

Post by Propyro » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:50 am

ok, i downloaded CDex, and as far as i can tell this is only ripping software that works on the CD drives. But i havn't spent too much time with it. When i have time i'll take a look and read through the help file. What i needed was a program that would take files on my HD and convert them. But any ways thanks for you help, if this dosn't do it i'll try the other programs you guys suggested.

[ kiLLjoy cLone ]
Org Profile

;\

Post by [ kiLLjoy cLone ] » Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:49 am

i'm posting this reply without current remembrance of a URL so bare with me:
the BEST audio converter i've seen and used out there would have to be "dbBoost" (i think it's called, i'll check when i get on my computer).
This is more than a program, it integrates itself into your computer's system so that when you right click on any audio file, along with the standard options it has options running from dbBoost so that you can convert any mp3, wav, or wma file to any of the three you wish.
i'll post another reply when i have the URL but i would highly recommend this program.
break on through to the other side...

"Don't you wanna hang out and waste your life with us?"
- Spike

kiLLjøy™ STUDiØS

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:19 pm

:? More than a program?

Well, besides Razorlame/Lame I think MP3 workshop is also good.. It's free and it can not only encode MP3 files but it will rip cd's as well. You can have shell integration, if you want that kind of think, enabled...

If your looking for the most control over your encodes though BeSweet.exe + Besweet GUI + Lame.exe would probally be the best choice. It isn't particularly user friendly but once you get the hang of it it's a pretty nice tool.

Propyro
Org Profile

Post by Propyro » Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:45 pm

well thanks for all the feed back, i'll give the programs you guys specified a try. Man, this sure as hell beats trolling through downloads.com looking for programs that *might* work ...

burntoast
Org Profile

Post by burntoast » Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:54 pm

this may not help u out, but i use the dBpowerAMP Music Converter, found in AD & ErMaC's Audio Guides. it's really simple.. all u have to do is specify the location of ur .wav file and then set up the options. it can also convert from mp3 to .wav, or from .cda to .wav/mp3, etc. and the normalization option is great, makes it sound nice and loud. this converter is compatible with Windows 95 thru XP..

very simple to use. but i guess not as much power as the other programs klinky and Corran mentioned. :P
"The only one to deprive you of happiness is yourself."

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:45 am

You do have to goto Options|Settings, then setup the Encoder tab & the Filenames tab.

Another EASY EASY way is to just :? get the <a href="http://mukoli.free.fr/out_lame/#dl">out_lame for WinAmp.</a>

It's just like using the DiskWriter plugin 'cept it converts to MP3 instead of to WAV. Very simple to use if you've used DiskWriter before. Just drag all the files you want to convert into the play list and hit play.

You'll want to turn off the spectrum analyzer when doing this, it seems to slow down encoding quite a bit.

~klinky

RadicalEd0
Org Profile

Post by RadicalEd0 » Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:50 pm

jpeg? Your l33tness is so slipping klinky
got other things on your mind? ;O

Return to “Video & Audio Help”