Can anyone suggest a program to edit iphone video on a PC?

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Re: Can anyone suggest a program to edit iphone video on a P

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat May 04, 2013 5:51 pm

Actually the source filters can pass the colour matrix as well. To be fair, I was implying the matrix when I said space (because really, they're the same), but I suppose it does depend on which filter as to how correctly they do it. DSS is known for getting it wrong, along with all the hardware decoder ones last I checked.

As far as containers go, it really boils down to "am I using Sony Vegas or any other program that actually cares about the extension?".

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat May 04, 2013 7:08 pm

Mister Hatt wrote:Actually the source filters can pass the colour matrix as well. To be fair, I was implying the matrix when I said space (because really, they're the same), but I suppose it does depend on which filter as to how correctly they do it. DSS is known for getting it wrong, along with all the hardware decoder ones last I checked.
The color matrix is used to specify how the color information is calculated and stored and only comes to play when converting to RGB from YV12 and vice versa. AviSynth does not know the different between Rec.601 and Rec.709, but that is irrelevant when it comes to processing the video with its existing colorspace. The only reason you would have an issue with the colorspace being messed up through an input filter would be if it converted the footage to RGB while bringing it in, otherwise the color matrix would not be affected at all. Again, just read the documentation, you need to specify the Rec.709 color matrix whenever you convert HD footage from YV12 to RGB in AviSynth or it will be converted improperly, no matter what filter you are importing with!
Mister Hatt wrote:Actually the source filters can pass the colour matrix as well. To be fair, I was implying the matrix when I said space (because really, they're the same), but I suppose it does depend on which filter as to how correctly they do it. DSS is known for getting it wrong, along with all the hardware decoder ones last I checked.
Vegas is pretty bad about that kind of stuff, but they are most likely not the only editing software that has issues with these kind of things. There is plenty of cheap software out there that do not handle things as they should.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

youtuber
Org Profile

Post by youtuber » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:23 am

The iphone video format is mp4 h264, there are plenty software could edit this kind of format. Like xvid/divx, smartpixel.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”