VirtualDubMod Error Decompressing Avisynth Sript

Enigmo
Org Profile

VirtualDubMod Error Decompressing Avisynth Sript

Post by Enigmo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:47 pm

Hi, today for some reason my VirtualDubMod doesn't allow me to view my Avisynth scripts in it. What I did was uninstall all my codec packs and then reinstall them. Along the way I must have done the settings differently which resulted in me getting the error: 'Error decompressing video frame 0: The source image is not acceptable. (error code -2)'. And in my script, I'm using 'DirectShowSource()' which has always worked in the past; in fact, it's the exact same script (so yes, same video file) which was working before I reinstalled my codec packs. If anyone knows what the problem is, and possible solutions, please let me know :)
Image Image

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Re: VirtualDubMod Error Decompressing Avisynth Sript

Post by Mister Hatt » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:18 am

DSS uses your system codecs so you probably /did/ break something there. It's also super unreliable so better not to use it, same for vdubmod.

Enigmo
Org Profile

Post by Enigmo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Mister Hatt wrote:DSS uses your system codecs so you probably /did/ break something there. It's also super unreliable so better not to use it, same for vdubmod.
Well, it's not just DDS. I also tried ffvideosource and ffmpegsource2 but they didn't work either. But yeah, everything works as normal with VirtualDub... but still, I would like to fix this as before it used to work with vdubmod.
Image Image

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:08 am

VDM is the problem, use regular VirtualDub, it's actually up to date and I don't think you could provide any real benefit that VDM has over it other than being super outdated and slow, if you're into that. Also, if FFMS2 doesn't work then even moreso the problem is the player and not the decoder.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”