10bit x264 problem

monstravi
Org Profile

10bit x264 problem

Post by monstravi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:17 pm

I have a few 10bit x264 video clips that don't get a lot of love because using both DirectShowSource and ffvideosource they crash my AvsP and Vdub so there's no way I can render them into a lossless format. Now as far as I know, these 10bit x264 are something new and I was wondering what I could do to export them into lossless. I have the necessary codecs to actually watch the clips, but my avisynth and other editing related programs are from the 3.1 AMVapp. Are there any new versions, updates or plugins that can help me with this? Or is this issue related to something else? I'm no expert with this stuff, but I'm not a total newb either, any help would be appreciated.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: 10bit x264 problem

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:52 pm

https://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/downloads/list

ffms2-r722.7z should help. Extract the dll, exe, and avsi directly into the plugins folder of avisynth, and then use ffvideosource. If you have older index files they won't work, so you'll have to delete the old index file and let it create a new one.
Bigger video files tend to crash avsp/vdub, too, which might be related to the issue you were having. For those, drag the mkv/mp4/whatever file over the ffmsindex.exe file. It'll open a cmd window that will index the video; the cmd will automatically close itself once it is done. This way you should then be able to load the avs for the file you indexed just fine in both avsp and vdub and avoid crashes.

PS: Do avoid DirectShowSource at all costs.

monstravi
Org Profile

Re: 10bit x264 problem

Post by monstravi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:45 pm

mirkosp wrote:https://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/downloads/list

ffms2-r722.7z should help. Extract the dll, exe, and avsi directly into the plugins folder of avisynth, and then use ffvideosource. If you have older index files they won't work, so you'll have to delete the old index file and let it create a new one.
Bigger video files tend to crash avsp/vdub, too, which might be related to the issue you were having. For those, drag the mkv/mp4/whatever file over the ffmsindex.exe file. It'll open a cmd window that will index the video; the cmd will automatically close itself once it is done. This way you should then be able to load the avs for the file you indexed just fine in both avsp and vdub and avoid crashes.

PS: Do avoid DirectShowSource at all costs.
Thanks mirko! After extracting ffms2 and reindexing the files I've successfully imported the scripts into Vdub using ffvideosource. :bzz2:

Return to “Video & Audio Help”