VirtualDub file size

B4Trilogy
Org Profile

VirtualDub file size

Post by B4Trilogy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:10 pm

Hello, I'm using VirtualDubMod to change .mkv files into lossless .avi, but I always reach the 4 gig limit and the encoding stops. I have the AMVapp installed, and I'm using "Open video file via AviSynth." I'm also using Huffyuff compression. I've tried adding the filter 2:1 (highquality), and it didn't do me any good, the file size still went over 4 gigs. If anyone has some tips to keep the render size low and keep the quality, that would be much appreciated. I tried looking up VirtualDubMod guide here, but I couldn't find the jackpot, so I decided to post and see if anyone can help me out. Thanks. :) (What settings shud I use to keep these guys small and pretty?)

PS: Nooby question, how do I view my FPS using virtualdubmod? :D
PPS: My AAE can't handle .avi files over 10 gigs, and struggles to do so over 5 gigs. I usually use .mp4(not anime), since they are small, but I want to see if I can edit using lossless .avi. This is my first time getting into amv making, usually I already have my files on mp4 format and ready to go for me, but when it comes to amv making, there's a lot of steps I need to go through. (lol)
PPPS: I don't mind losing some quality, but I don't want to kill my amv either.

B4Trilogy
Org Profile

Re: VirtualDub file size

Post by B4Trilogy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Sorry for double post, I forgot to add this to OT:

B4Trilogy
Org Profile

Post by B4Trilogy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:08 pm

B4Trilogy
Org Profile

Post by B4Trilogy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:16 pm

Oh, I've found a possible fix but it needs me to convert FAT32 to NFTS, and I'm an avid gamer, so how will this conversion affect my computer?

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:47 pm

This will fix your problem and the conversion process shouldn't effect anything.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”