Having issues w/ Muxed MKVs in Sony Vegas

Sage
Org Profile

Having issues w/ Muxed MKVs in Sony Vegas

Post by Sage » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:26 pm

So lately I have not had much space to convert to lossless avis, and have decided to Mux some of my sources. Now when I mux to mp4 and then attempt to edit said mp4s in vegas. They lag a decent amount. Is this something that is caused to my system being a little lacking on the performance side or another issue. Also there are some where i'll import an entire series of a muxd source into vegas and about 1 or 2 of the files will actually cause vegas to instacrash. I have looked for some possible causes and troubleshooted a little bit with no results. Sooo Is this something I just need to suck up and deal with or is there an underlying issue? ;O

kuruta
Org Profile

Re: Having issues w/ Muxed MKVs in Sony Vegas

Post by kuruta » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:54 pm

It depends on the codecs you have installed on your system, I recommend fddshow the x264 and Xvid separately igualemnte for you to convert avi with Xvid codec for use in vegas, so it does not crash, likely that, whatever you say me

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:52 am

I don't even know what that means. Vegas won't load matroska files because it relies on container mappings. If lossless AVI isn't an option, you can remux the AVC from MKV to m2ts. Vegas should handle that better than MP4.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:57 am

The problem really is that non-keyframe-only streams have an unavoidable decode lag, so either you do lossless or intra-only quasi-lossless, or you Deal With It. But editing like that is awful and unreliable as well, so I personally would just get an extra HDD and go the lossless route.

Sage
Org Profile

Post by Sage » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:23 am

mirkosp wrote:The problem really is that non-keyframe-only streams have an unavoidable decode lag, so either you do lossless or intra-only quasi-lossless, or you Deal With It. But editing like that is awful and unreliable as well, so I personally would just get an extra HDD and go the lossless route.
I figured as much. I'll just have to suck it up with the mp4s until I can get a decent amount of extra space for the avis. Thanks for the help guys ^_^

Return to “Video & Audio Help”