Adobe Premiere PRO doesn't show the full video length

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Adobe Premiere PRO doesn't show the full video length

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:06 am

|Sangino| wrote:But what if I need audio?!I guess Pwolf's rate conversion to 24fps is the best solution!
You can always import the audio on its own, by saving it as a wav from virtualdub before making the lossless without audio.
does

Code: Select all

assumeFPS(24)
code in AviSynth make the frame rate 24fps?!
Yes, that is correct.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:06 am

import the demuxed audio by itself as well?
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:24 am

:P You win this one modkip, by a few seconds.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:47 pm

assumefps preserves the frame count of the source without duplicating or removing frames. Basically, it will slow down or speed up the source based on the frame rate you supply. You want to use changefps. This will duplicate frames or remove them to match the given fps.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:48 pm

Pwolf wrote:assumefps preserves the frame count of the source without duplicating or removing frames. Basically, it will slow down or speed up the source based on the frame rate you supply. You want to use changefps. This will duplicate frames or remove them to match the given fps.
Or you could just use assumefps since the conversion between 23.976 and 24 isn't that significant.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Actually, it's best to avoid using changefps unless necessary, because it will impact the smoothness of the motion. If you don't particularly need 23.976 and it is giving you trouble, then using assumefps to another speed is the best idea to keep the motion smooth, but always remember to correct the pitch of the audio when you do speedups/slowdowns (assuming you do need it).
Of course, this is all in the offchance that loading video and audio on their own doesn't work and you need an alternative solution.

|Sangino|
Org Profile

Post by |Sangino| » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm

mirkosp wrote:but always remember to correct the pitch of the audio when you do speedups/slowdowns (assuming you do need it).
Or I should demux the audio before I make any correction in AviSynth!! :awesome: ...Just in case I need audio,you know!!

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:44 am

Avoid audio in avs whenever possible. Also avoid changing framerates because really you just shouldn't. Basically what you should be doing is feeding Premiere your video clips as video only, then import your audio into your timeline and start throwing your clips against it. Framerate should stay at 23.976 unless you have a really good reason. The reasoning for this is that anime is usually NOT 24fps; most of the time it's between 10 and 18fps. When you randomly interpolate frames with the mostly bad algorithms in common AVS functions/plugins, motion gets ruined. NLE framerate converters will usually do better but IMO you should always just stick to native framerates, or otherwise pay very close attention to it. If you go for the latter, you'll need a good understanding of how motion works in video, as well as the linearity of fades and whatnot. Not saying you can't do it but most AMVs I've had the misfortune of watching with 60fps or something else equally stupid… well you notice these issues.

tl;dr leave Britney/framerate alone

Return to “Video & Audio Help”