vegas hates me madoka hates me holy hell

This forum is for video and audio help and discussion.

vegas hates me madoka hates me holy hell

Postby zibbazabba905 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:27 pm

I've gone through atleast 6 different versions of madoka, a crapton of muxers, converters, spyware, found one that would mux correctly, then vegas didn't accept it. got ANOTHER version of madoka, finally got a way to make vegas accept it, and now i've got frames like these http://i44.tinypic.com/2d9bgya.png skipping frames, and green frames just randomly strewn about. Vegas is running freeware slow even though its only using up less than half my memory, my frames are being I don't even know

damnit. this all started because of some train tracks and a youtube comment of "you should get the BR version."....over 3 months ago
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy
zibbazabba905

Re: vegas hates me madoka hates me holy hell

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:56 pm

I tried suggesting VirtualDub and directshowsource to convert to lossless, but Zibbs here seems to getting errors I'm not used to like "Class not registered" and I can't help because I'm at werk.

Mebbe someone else can sort this out o.o
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells

Postby zibbazabba905 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:00 pm

it also loads OK in videopad and MPC-HC
"Uhmmm... You know... it was at that point that I realized that maybe Thierry wasn't actually a film maker, and he was maybe just someone with mental problems who happened to have a camera. " -Banksy
zibbazabba905

Postby Pwolf » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:57 am

try ffvideosource?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby zibbazabba905 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:09 pm

ok, I think it might be a vegas problem, it only seems to be doing it inside of vegas, and it seems to render fine, but the preview and timeline are all screwy looking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnLBhr4savM I had to simulate it but its the same idea
zibbazabba905

Postby Mister Hatt » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:33 am

Prepping footage is serious business. Do it. Using random footage you don't prep rarely works the way you want, but the guide completely misses anything related to this.
Mister Hatt

Postby zibbazabba905 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:46 pm

I'm just so confused though... all these converters are either "press start to start swimming through adware and viruses" or "to start, program an input and type your c+ degree ID number in hex in the box"

mkv2flac
megui
virtualdubmod
AvsPmod
avidemux
avisynth
mkvtoolnix

i don't know, i guess I'll try and start all over again...again
zibbazabba905

Postby zibbazabba905 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:56 pm

along the same lines, is there a way to delete and re-install my codecs, like, all of them?
zibbazabba905

Postby Pwolf » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:04 pm

"add/remove programs" for win xp and "programs and features" for vista/7
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby zibbazabba905 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:42 pm

dangit, cccp won't uninstall
zibbazabba905

Postby Mister Hatt » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:15 am

I think you need to learn what the hell it is you're trying to do before doing it. All the software you've mentioned is either not for beginners or ridiculously out of date. The thing is, doing video properly is HARD. There are no easy tools because the concepts are not easy, and if you don't understand what they do, then you shouldn't be able to use the tool in the first place. As an example, the great thing about YATTA being so hard to use is that it stops people ruining their footage by not allowing them to fuck up in the first place. MKVToolNix comes with a GUI, use it. Update VDub and stop using mod or AvsP. mkv2flac and friends are useless. meGUI is beyond useless. Avisynth requires basic programming knowledge to do low level frame manipulation. It comes down to if you don't know what you're doing, then you can't do it, and frankly that's the way it should be. Read the guide, clean up your system, do a fresh install of what you need. Then use the tools you know what you're doing with and once you have a better understanding, consider more advanced tools. That's all there is to it.
Mister Hatt

Postby Mister Hatt » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:17 am

Side note, your machine is obviously fucked if it's giving class errors and full of spyware. Maybe fix that first. Also most of the tools you listed are wrappers rather than converted. All you need is VirtualDub and CCCP. You can use mkvmerge and avisynth later but surely not now. Sounds like you're also ripping pirated subs instead of just using the glorious Italian bluray, which is only like 40 euro.
Mister Hatt

Postby zibbazabba905 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:44 am

http://i43.tinypic.com/nffpdh.jpg well i guess i'm fucked for a while then
zibbazabba905

Postby Mister Hatt » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:01 pm

Get the Italian BD instead of the US DVD if you have a BD reader. Otherwise the JP DVD is way better. I would suggest reinstalling your whole environment though as you have some serious configuration issues. It might help you to have a 32bit WinXP VM for prepping video and then using 64bit Win7 for your other tools.
Mister Hatt

Return to Video & Audio Help