avs scripting help

CHWOODYARD
Org Profile

avs scripting help

Post by CHWOODYARD » Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:16 pm

Would my amv turn out okay if I edit it in progressive frames? Since I have it set up that way, it takes paitence to edit it like that.
Hell is something that parents made up to scare kids, like the Boogie Man or........Micheal Jackson.

NicholasDWolfwood
Org Profile

Post by NicholasDWolfwood » Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:22 pm

Yep, it's fine. You just have to make sure you follow AD and E's guide and edit in 24fps, etc.

CHWOODYARD
Org Profile

avs scripting help

Post by CHWOODYARD » Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:27 pm

Is there a way to edit it like it was an avi, (with smooth playback) since the clips play in a choppy fashion at 24 fps?
Hell is something that parents made up to scare kids, like the Boogie Man or........Micheal Jackson.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:38 pm

I'm not sure what you did but they should play back smoothly in 24 fps. Did you make mjpeg substitutes for editing? Playing back avs source will definatly look choppy unless your computer is hella fast. With AVS you are rendering each frame when it is called for so it takes a lot of processing power to play it back at normal speed.

CHWOODYARD
Org Profile

avs scripting help

Post by CHWOODYARD » Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:51 pm

I have finished editing my amv and previewed it in Premeir. Now what exact steps should I take to export it? I want to make sure that it exports it in a very good quality. After it exports to an avi file, should I import it in TMPGEnc and convert it to a mpg file for burning?

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:09 pm

check the guides :|

speifically here :

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... ttodo.html

~klinky

Stoic
Org Profile

Post by Stoic » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:08 am

Well, I have a suggest to anyone who is having problems with AVS scripting, I don't know if this works in older version of premier so don't ask.

But you can take the DVD2AVI Project file, put it into TMPEG (full version not trial) and create a .m2v file (MPEG2). Click DVD on the Project wizard and follow the steps through there. I haven't noticed any difference in quality from the VOBs to the MPEG 2 encodes I make in TMPEG.

It's just an alternative for those having problems with AVS scripting.

I personally find it unreliable, some files I make work one day, then when I load the exact same file later it won't load. So I use MPEG2 files for editing -- That's just one man's opinion.
"More than hundred fucking takes." - Jackie Chan.
Murphy's Law of Combat Number 6:
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
My Profile::Your Profile

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:32 am

Stoic wrote:Well, I have a suggest to anyone who is having problems with AVS scripting, I don't know if this works in older version of premier so don't ask.

But you can take the DVD2AVI Project file, put it into TMPEG (full version not trial) and create a .m2v file (MPEG2). Click DVD on the Project wizard and follow the steps through there. I haven't noticed any difference in quality from the VOBs to the MPEG 2 encodes I make in TMPEG.

It's just an alternative for those having problems with AVS scripting.

I personally find it unreliable, some files I make work one day, then when I load the exact same file later it won't load. So I use MPEG2 files for editing -- That's just one man's opinion.
Uh...

You're reencoding MPEG-2 from MPEG-2. That doesn't make any sense.

You might as well just extract the video streams from the VOBs, using the six or so tools that exist for that purpose -- it saves time, among a whole lot of other things.

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:32 am

Are you using Premiere 6.5 ? Previous versions do not have any MPEG2 support. Well there were ways, but they didn't work.

~klinky

Stoic
Org Profile

Post by Stoic » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:39 am

Yeah I use 6.5. Like I said I wasn't sure if it worked in older versions or not, I don't have the older versions on my computer for reference.
"More than hundred fucking takes." - Jackie Chan.
Murphy's Law of Combat Number 6:
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
My Profile::Your Profile

Return to “Video & Audio Help”