weird frames in between clips.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

weird frames in between clips.

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:28 pm

Okay, whenever I render my amvs on vegas, it always gives me weird frames that aren't supposed to be there in between clips. Here's an example:

Member: pacotacoshell
Title: Bang, Bang, Bang
Premiered: 2011-11-07
Category: Action Song:
Rye Rye Feat. MIA - Bang
Anime:
Black Lagoon (TV)
Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage (TV)

There's a part on about 0:20 that has like a frame of the dude just standing there, which obviously isn't supposed to be there and makes it look more messy. I double checked on vegas if the frame is there, but it isn't. So it just pops up when I render it. It happens a lot with my other videos, and it's getting pretty annoying because most of my works will look pretty sloppy. If anyone could help, then much thanks.

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Re: weird frames in between clips.

Post by HalOfBorg » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:38 pm

The source clips - are they xvid or divx or something? That happened to me a lot before I started using lagarith.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:02 pm

yeah they are. That lagarith codec fixes it? :o

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:07 pm

In my experience vastly improves it. Never edit with highly compressed codecs.
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:19 pm

I think the problem here is frame-accuracy (rather, the lack thereof), and using inter-frame, lossy codecs.

Visual quality aside, it's perfectly fine to edit with some lossy codecs (mjpeg comes to mind), and some others if you know how to encode/import to avoid these problems (I think I remember hearing that x264 had some settings to make it editing-friendly.) Using a lossless codec (like lagarith, huffyuv, or UTVideo) is recommended because they preserve 100% of the input quality (hence loss-less, ie. no loss) and are generally compatible with any editing program.

Another potential source for orphan frames (the 1-2 frames you get at the beginning or end of your clips that you didn't intend to have) is your editing program. WMM, for example...at least the one that came with Windows XP, can't go down to the frame-by-frame level when you try to make a cut. The result being that you can have an extra frame in your clip.
If you know your program can get down to the frame-by-frame level then you don't have to worry about that. Otherwise, you may want to look into preparing your clips outside of your editing program with another program such as VritualDub.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”