Song editing questions

kavren
Org Profile

Song editing questions

Post by kavren » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:30 pm

Hello. I was wondering if someone could give me asome suggestions on how to edit a song. The song I want to edit is "Forgot about Dre" My objective is to edit it so that any time the word "Dre" is said its edited so that it just says "re" (IE take out the "D"). This way, it would sound like "Forgot about Ray" instead of "Forgot about Dre". Is there a way to edit just the vocals of the song so that I can reach my objective WITHOUT actually cutting up any of the instrumental background music? Thank you for your time =)

burntoast
Org Profile

Post by burntoast » Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:13 pm

Easy question with an easy answer. :D First, download Audacity (a music editing program) from here.

1) Once you've got the .exe and zip files, start up Audacity.

2) Open your mp3/.wav/whatever music file you wanna edit.

3) Click on the area where the sound is displayed visually (like multiple blue waves), and find the area where he says "Dre".

4) Right at the part where he begins to say "Dre", highlight the area where he says the "D" part.

5) Delete the "D" part of the music, til the "re/Ray" part.

6) Repeat for everytime you need the "re/Ray" effect. Listen if it sounds smooth.. if it doesn't sound right, i'm sorry.

You can also do this in Premier if you have it, using steps 2 thru 5. Hope this worx! @_@ Personally, I only edit music by putting in fades or by making it shorter.

Sayonara!
"The only one to deprive you of happiness is yourself."

keyboardsamurai
Org Profile

Post by keyboardsamurai » Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:41 pm

you can also do this is quicktime pro. YOu just drag the 2 lines where you want the song cut then go to edit and cut. It will be a long and tidious process but it is easy.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:45 pm

I just find a spot where the song repeats so I cut it at that point, reinsert a copy of the song after it and have it start from where I want it to pick up. Just cut the end of the first clip and the beginning of the second.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”