Amv dvd advise

Jessica99
Org Profile

Amv dvd advise

Post by Jessica99 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Sorry if this isn't the right category but I have a quick question about burning amvs to dvds. I got all the right formats and such but my only question is if you are mailing amvs to the anime expo, do the judges want you to put one video per dvd or all your videos on one dvd? Do you have a choice?

It seems like a waste of dvds if its only one per dvd but it seems much easier to play.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: Amv dvd advise

Post by Kariudo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:07 pm

I can't speak for other contests, but for my contest I just tell people to slap them all on one (unauthored) dvd.
Authored dvds are the ones that'll play in a dvd player. An unauthored dvd just stores the file(s) on the disk, much like a flash drive (though you get significantly fewer writes to a re-writeable disk than you do with a flash drive and only one write to +r/-r media.)

Beyond that, your best bet is to read over the contest's rules again and send them an email with questions

post-it
Org Profile

Re: Amv dvd advise

Post by post-it » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:52 pm

.. in Minnesota, for instance, they prefer them in .VOB files for Large Screen Playback.
.."Nothing loaded to YouTube and/or other .org's prior to Expo"
.."You may not repeat prior work for entrys.."

When I was in Vegas, they preferred M4A + MP4
mp4box.exe -add "C:\video.264" -add "C:\audio.aac" -tmp "C:\temp" "C:\output.mp4"
.."YouTube uploads will mean Automatic Disqualification .."

As far as CD, DVD ±r, DVD ±rw -or- BluRay; read the Rules.
.. Expo's are o.k..
you get to meet some really bizarre people; Mex jr, Big Truck, Drac Mouse .. .. ....

Return to “Video & Audio Help”