Issues playing .mkv videos

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Issues playing .mkv videos

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi guys, I'm having some issues using the CCCP pack.

I work on a HP 8740w with Windows 7 64bit.

I'm trying to play .mkv videos but either player give me a different problem.
Just to be clear, I'm sorry if my english is quite strange as it is not my first language, I'm italian.

MP Home cinema play the video flawlessy but does NOT show any subtitle on it, while VLC does show flawless subtitles but restart the video (exactly) after some minutes/seconds of playback.

Do you have any ideas?
ImageImage

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Issues playing .mkv videos

Post by mirkosp » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:06 am

Mmmh... are you using the 2010-10-10 CCCP? Asking just to be safe, perhaps you're on an older version, though that should hardly be the problem.
Anyway, with subtitles, you'll want to make sure that it's using directvobsud properly, which it should with default settings. Have you trying resetting to the defaults in the meantime?
Another thing you can do is look for the green arrow icon while you play videos. Right click that, and then it should be intuitive how to proceed ─ that is assuming that it's using directvobsub as it shoud, of course.
I guess these are the couple things to try/questions to reply before searching elsewhere for where the issue might reside.

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Re: Issues playing .mkv videos

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:34 am

I'm going to have a look at that green arrow you talk about, I didn't see it in the first place I think. You were indeed right, btw. I asked for help also in the CCCP Forums and I got the problem solved in this way: http://www.cccp-project.net/forums/inde ... pic=5428.0

Thank you very much for the support, I hate problems like these. ;°
ImageImage

Return to “Video & Audio Help”