pixel and exporting

This forum is for video and audio help and discussion.

pixel and exporting

Postby Uchiha-Uzumaki » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:06 am

Hello everyone! After a few years I'm trying to create another music video. Since I don't remember almost nothing about how we prepare everything for the editing, I'm following the "A&E's Technical Guides to All Things Audio and Video". It's been great. But I can't figure out two things: first, (I feel kinda stupid because of this) I can't find the pixel aspect ratio so I can put it in the premiere's settings; second, I'm testing my adobe premiere's (and old version 6.0 - I don't have plans to make a special effects video or sth like that) exporting with a 6 seconds video, but when I play it on the WMP or VLC or anotherr player the only thing that appears is a black image. How can I solve these two things? Thx for the attencion! C ya!
Uchiha-Uzumaki

Re: pixel and exporting

Postby Zarxrax » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:32 pm

For the playback thing, it depends on what codec you are exporting with.
Try exporting with a lossless codec, and try viewing the output in virtualdub.
Zarxrax

Postby Uchiha-Uzumaki » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:45 am

I'm exporting the video with the UT video codec YUV 420 etc etc and trying to see it in virtualdub, but still nothing appears, just a black image... Maybe this is important: my footage is 720p (the original format is MP4 and I'm using avysynth and avspmod to make a script, open it in virtualdub and create a .avi file so I can view it in the video editor)... and the editor I'm using is old (adobe premiere 6.0).
Uchiha-Uzumaki

Postby Zarxrax » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:20 am

Try using the RGB version of the codec (444)
Zarxrax

Postby Uchiha-Uzumaki » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:34 am

Nothing happened, the image is still black... Probably I'm doing sth really dumb...
Uchiha-Uzumaki

Postby post-it » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:06 pm

.. what does it look like when you save the video "raw" ?? ( this sounds like a container error! )
post-it

Postby Uchiha-Uzumaki » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:03 pm

Without codecs it looks like the same, a black image...
Uchiha-Uzumaki

Postby Zarxrax » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:35 am

Actually, come to think of it, I think I had a similar problem with premiere 6 the last time I used it.
I ended up having to import the project into premiere pro and render from there.

Are you running it on a really old PC like it was designed for, or are you trying to run it on a newer pc? It doesnt really get along well with newer stuff...
Zarxrax

Postby Uchiha-Uzumaki » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:36 pm

Hmm.. interesting... my pc isn't the newstest thing on market, but sure is much better than what premiere 6 requires... do you think this problem doesn't have much to do with video stuff, but more with the premiere getting along with newer systems?
Uchiha-Uzumaki

Postby Uchiha-Uzumaki » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:38 pm

oh God... my english sucks... attention with c, newest spelled all wrong...
Uchiha-Uzumaki

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:18 pm

With 10 year old software there will be compatibility issues. It also becomes difficult to replicate and test error cases when hardly anyone uses a product anymore.
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Zarxrax » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Try using the huffyuv codec, and see if that exports properly. Thats the codec that everyone was using back in those days.
Zarxrax

Postby Uchiha-Uzumaki » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:49 pm

Well, thank you all! It is great to know that everyone can count with helpful tips such as the ones you gave me! I'll try using that codec, but maybe it's best for me to get premiere pro. But I'll have to wait weekend! lol C ya all next time! =D
Uchiha-Uzumaki

Return to Video & Audio Help