Windows Media Player Administrator issue.

Sayoria
Org Profile

Windows Media Player Administrator issue.

Post by Sayoria » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:46 am

Don't know why I keep getting the following message when I try to play a simple AVI on the Windows Media Player, but when I do, the video doesn't show, and I only get the sound. The message is below:
Please run this program from the Administrator account so it can set up your license. Once the license is set up, you can run it from any account.
Now, before someone says "Download something better", I plan to, however, I like WMP itself for certain things, and I want it fixed. My desktop account IS an administrator by the way. I rightclick WMP, run it as Administrator, and it runs it fine, but that is the only way I can play it there, is by "run as administrator"ing it. It only happens on new videos I make, even if I oversave it. It was once working fine, but once I restored my computer, it started happening. I am on Windows 7, not 100% sure, but I think WMP is WMP10.
My old Youtube Channel has been removed. Kindly review here for videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjmhp2 ... gpjU0cMCuA

Sayoria
Org Profile

Re: Windows Media Player Administrator issue.

Post by Sayoria » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:35 am

Hmm, seems to be what I am saving the video type as. Still, not cool it is doing this now. Standard NTSC DV is A-ok, but HDV 720-30p intermediate isn't. Like I said, it WAS working before the system restore. =/....
My old Youtube Channel has been removed. Kindly review here for videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjmhp2 ... gpjU0cMCuA

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: Windows Media Player Administrator issue.

Post by Pwolf » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:17 pm

don't use HDV720p? What version of windows 7 is it?

You can try reinstalling WMP. Remove it and then download it from MS again. Also reinstall the software you use to create the video.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”