My clips keep spazzing!

gotenks794
Org Profile

Re: My clips keep spazzing!

Post by gotenks794 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:35 pm

If you still don't understand lossy vs. lossless, look at it like this:
The episodes you have were encoded using a lossy codec (presumably h.264). While not necessarily noticeable to our eyes, there is an amount of data loss. Hence the term "lossy." Our editing programs, Vegas in this case, are not good at decoding lossy codecs. This is why we need to change it to a lossless codec (huffyuv/lagarith), which doesn't have any data loss. Vegas will be able to read these files with much less difficulty which should make editing smoother.
Hope that helped. :nose:
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:10 am

gotenks794 wrote:If you still don't understand lossy vs. lossless, look at it like this:
The episodes you have were encoded using a lossy codec (presumably h.264). While not necessarily noticeable to our eyes, there is an amount of data loss. Hence the term "lossy." Our editing programs, Vegas in this case, are not good at decoding lossy codecs. This is why we need to change it to a lossless codec (huffyuv/lagarith), which doesn't have any data loss. Vegas will be able to read these files with much less difficulty which should make editing smoother.
Hope that helped. :nose:
I am starting to understand now. But idk why I can't seem to get the huffyuv/lagarith to work for me idk why its being stuborn I must be doing something wrong.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:34 am

http://umezawa.dyndns.info/wordpress/?p=1770
Try UTVideo (x86 link in there) instead.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:09 pm

mirkosp wrote:http://umezawa.dyndns.info/wordpress/?p=1770
Try UTVideo (x86 link in there) instead.
I downloaded the program but when I click the folder it just gives me the "read me"

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:51 pm

http://umezawa.dyndns.info/wordpress/?p=1914
8.2.0 was just release, so try getting that instead (THIS, just to make sure).

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Now it says along with the "read me", "Global Configuration"

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:55 pm

...Wait.
Remember, that is just a lossless codec. You're just supposed to select it when you're encoding in virtualdub/avidemux/vegas/whatever applies. It's not a standalone program you run...

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:02 pm

mirkosp wrote:...Wait.
Remember, that is just a lossless codec. You're just supposed to select it when you're encoding in virtualdub/avidemux/vegas/whatever applies. It's not a standalone program you run...
ohhh ok sorry. lol. So say im using the avidemux. I use that program and for the video I clicked Huffyuz and use that lossless codec for it?

btw thanks for the help. Sorry if I have been driving you crazy with this. I have only just started thinking about quality in clips.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:30 pm

No, you should select "UTVideo", if the voice did show up. If it didn't, then I'm guessing avidemux doesn't let you use UTVideo for encoding... I don't use avidemux myself, so I wouldn't know.

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:35 pm

It worked the clips arent spazzing anymore. Well I used it for video huffyuv and the file type is avi but im going to try and mess around with it. I have yet to try it in Vegas yet. Well I opened it and the thing froze on me when I wanted to use that file So I wanna try use VDub on it to cut out some of the scenes I don't want then try use the clips in vegas.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”