Need Help!

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Re: Need Help!

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:41 am

Well what about simple HD converters? The only problems im having is that the files are freakin huge!

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:53 am

Im so confused! this VituralDubMod thing and what not im feel like a dummy because idk what im doing???? Like idk what to do about the mkv stuff you tried to explain it to me but im still confused.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:56 am

Read this. Then read this.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:47 am

That's not pixelation, that is terrible macro blocking.

Most likely your codec settings weren't matched to work well with that low bitrate and you got bad macroblocking cause of it. I'm guessing you didn't use raws that looked like that anyway. If you did then you should have found different raws to work with...

The org allows up to 100MB, there really isn't any reason to compress a 2 minute 720p amv to 12mb (if you do, you need to use some better settings)... Feel free to ask a mod to delete that encode so you can re-upload a better compressed version.

I noticed you said you took the MKVs and converted them to mp4... I'm not sure if you meant you actually converted them or just demuxed for only the video stream (which is what you should have done). Converting them is a waste, you just took the video file and potentially made it worse. You can demux for the video only using something like mkvmerge or possibly virtualdubmod. Either way demuxing is better then converting/re-encoding.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:40 am

Too much help too little basic knowledge of what she's doing.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:44 am

That's why I just linked the sticky. She needs to under the basics of the footage prep before she can get any further. HOPEFULLY, Vegas has the ability to bait and switch, and she'll be okay...
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:51 am

Yea it pretty much does. So she shouldn't have too much trouble. Still she needs to learn the basics if she wants to get really clear results.

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:53 am

It's already been said a thousand times, plus people already linked to stuff, but you need to answer our questions directly instead of updating us on your progress, as it's not helping any. The answer has already been said for your problem. You still need to learn the basics. So read the guids as it will help you immensely. But for now...

Is the quality of the episodes fine after you convert it to .avi using whatever method you already used? [(Technically, you should be using vdub/avisynth to convert all your episodes to .avi (they are supposed to be big file sizes!) but I think the problem here is how you are rendering your video.)]
If the quality is already bad by the time you import it into Vegas, then follow everyone's posts and convert it using Vdub. Read what people had to say, and don't convert to anything but .avi. You don't edit with .mp4. Even if the quality isn't bad you should convert to .avi anyhow.

If you're video quality is fine when you import it, but terrible when you render it, here's what to do in vegas. Any other method of setting up your project will give you crappy quality.
Spoiler :
Open up your .veg file of this project. Right click the video, select properties. A window will pop up. On the first tab (Video Event) look at the very bottom and you will see something like 24 fps, 29.97 fps, 23.976 fps, etc. Write that down. Then go to the next tab (Media) and look at the part that says Attributes:. Next to it it will say something like 848x480 or 1280x720, plus another x12 or something. That's your AR, so write that down too.
Now close out of the Properties box. Then go to file > properties. Physically type in the AR that you found under the properties of your video under Width: and Height:. 1280 being the width, 480 being the height, etc. Only plug in the numbers that you wrote down. Next to Frame Rate: press the down arrow and select what your frame rate was. Next to Field Order: it should say None (progressive scan), next to Pixel aspect ratio: it should be 1.0000 (Square), next to Full-resolution rendering quality: it should say Best. And next to Deinterlace method: it should say None.

You must have AMVapp installed in order to render your video correctly. So make sure you have already done so.

Now select all of your video on the timeline, and go to file > render as..., Type in the name of your file, yadda ya, and then go down to Save as type: and select Video For Windows (*.avi). Never, ever, ever use anything else but .avi. You will only make your video a .mp4 file type through something like zarxgui. And .wmv is a suckish filetype, so never use it either. Now go to Template: and select Custom...
If you're using Vegas 8 or anything older, you'll have a first tab that says Project. Make sure your Video rendering quality: is set to Best. If you're using Vegas 9, that tab won't be there.
Under the next tab (Video), make sure Frame size: is set to Use Project Settings, that Frame rate: is changed to the frame rate you wrote down in the very beginning, that Field order: is set to None (progressive scan), that Pixel aspect ratio is set to 1.0000, and that Video Format: is set to Lagarith lossless codec or Huffyuv. Under the Audio tab, select Include audio and PCM Uncompressed under Audio Format:.

Now save your video. If you're using Lagarith, it shouldn't take as long. I've never used Huffyuv when rendering out, but I believe it takes longer. How is the quality?
Now you can convert your video to .mp4 using zarx, or to XviD using vdub. Either way you will be making an .avs file, but how to make one was already said.
Kionon wrote:Read this. Then read this.
The second link will tell you how to convert to .mp4 using zarx.
This is how you will convert your video to an .avi, though the quality will be lower. Both might be slightly confusing, but that's because you need to read the entire guide to understand it fully.

Everything that needs to be said in order to improve your quality has already been said by many many people. If you still can't figure it out, go ask your questions here. There is no point in continually posting as your question has been answered even before I posted.
Image Image

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:11 pm

well the one thing I just want to figure out is how to get the video file out of mkv.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:14 pm

sportsgirl1391 wrote:well the one thing I just want to figure out is how to get the video file out of mkv.
MKVtoolnix, but you have to spend time studying it. I still recommend you take that stream, most likely it is h264, and convert it to lossless HUFFYUV or Lagarith in Vdub.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”