Timing

DaN9nth
Org Profile

Timing

Post by DaN9nth » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:25 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to this website and at making AMVS. I started today (9/04/16) but I think I handling myself quite good at doing this. The problem is when I finish this project (I'm using WMM btw) the .MP4 file doesn't have the same PERFECT timing of the song with the clips it had while making the amv. I checked and in the WMM the video is perfect just like I want but the final product (mp4 file) has a little difference but that little difference ruins the whole point of the video. Is there any way to convert WLMM to *any file that youtube accepts to upload the video* without changing this timing?
PS: sorry if I didn't make myself clear. English is not my 1st language.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: Timing

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:23 pm

Compressed audio has something called priming at the beginning of the audio track that plays back as blank space if the software putting the audio and video in the mp4 container does not set a flag for compensating. Most encoding software uses containering tools that don't properly set flags for compensation or don't even set them at all. Playback can further offset the audio and video, especially if you are using Windows Media Player as it always offsets the audio and video. My recommendation for encoding, if you are worried about sync, is using FFMPEG (or a GUI for it like Zarx264gui v3) to encode and it will automatically compensate for the delay with a priming flag. This will prevent further delay than what the YouTube servers add when they re-encode the video after upload. As for local playback I recommend using MPC-HC for playback (or you could just install the shiny CCCP that includes it as well).
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Return to “Video & Audio Help”